Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hendrys 51 clearence!!

what do you think?

only a 50 but the best pressure break of this week so far. massive turning point in the game, especialy good as williams was having some outrageous run of the balls. dont rule him out!!

It's because of this break Williams lost his cool and then lost every frame after that. What a great match, Williams leaving his mini butt on the table was hilarious.
    Age:17 full time snooker player hoping to get somewhere in the future!

Comment

Originally Posted by screwbackjack View Post
      what do you think?

only a 50 but the best pressure break of this week so far. massive turning point in the game, especialy good as williams was having some outrageous run of the balls. dont rule him out!!
      that was the turning point in the match that made the tip problams williams was having look Bigger and magnified it.....

had williams gone 8-5 up then he would have forgoten about his tip and got on with the job.

Comment

Hendry made some decent breaks but it was Williams who gave the match away. Quite poor standard from both players after all.
        I saw that going differently in my mind

Comment

bottom line is hendry got stronger last night and williams wilted away...

Comment

Yeah, Hendry got stronger - The amazing luck that Williams was having was making Hendry look absolutely gutted - Even at 7-6 there was a moment when Williams missed a green and Hendry's eyebrows raised as it looked nothing was on.

He needs to improve, but as I said earlier I thought this match Hendry would find tough, but if he got through he would really start firing. Roll on Ding/Liang,

Comment

a lot is being said about Williams tip......but he played 2 or 3 shots bending around balls to pot others shows it was a mental thing with him and if thoes shots didnt give him confidence with his tip nothing would.

balls williams was missing last night hes been missing all season anyway.

i never saw williams as favarate in the match it was a myth that he was playing better than hendry based on a UK Quarter final...

this year Williams has now won 1 match against Tom Ford.

Comment

Yes, two awesome shots in that clearance, the opening shot to get on the black, and black to yellow. Early contender for "pressure clearance of the tournament".

Comment

Originally Posted by Wim View Post
                  Hendry made some decent breaks but it was Williams who gave the match away. Quite poor standard from both players after all.
                  Yes, Hendry was missing too many balls. But he might play better from now on.
                  www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                    Yes, Hendry was missing too many balls. But he might play better from now on.
                    I think this can very well be the case. You still can see what a brilliant player he was/is when he is confident.
                    I saw that going differently in my mind

Comment

It was a match turning clearance, no doubt, and it was a blast from the past, however, am not sure if Hendry can beat a good player at the moment or if that player is going to have to lose to Hendry, which is what Williams did last night.

Comment

Originally Posted by jb134 View Post
                        It was a match turning clearance, no doubt, and it was a blast from the past, however, am not sure if Hendry can beat a good player at the moment or if that player is going to have to lose to Hendry, which is what Williams did last night.
                        He's nowhere near the tournament winning standard. That first match was a weird one, strangest match i've ever seen.

Comment

It doesn't matter at this stage - Plenty of champions have scraped through or not played well in the first round, but the game builds from there. I don't think Hendry will win, although it would be great if he did, but I think he will play much better in the next match - just like last year - All great champions tend to step up a gear as they progress.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mal View Post
                            It doesn't matter at this stage - Plenty of champions have scraped through or not played well in the first round, but the game builds from there. I don't think Hendry will win, although it would be great if he did, but I think he will play much better in the next match - just like last year - All great champions tend to step up a gear as they progress.
                            I admire your optimism.

Comment

Originally Posted by Looki View Post
                              He's nowhere near the tournament winning standard. That first match was a weird one, strangest match i've ever seen.
                              nobody saying it is championship winning standards but hes beaten mark williams now its for a chinese go away in round 2 lol

Comment

Working...
                              X