Stephen Hendry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen Hendry

Just beeen watching Stephen Hendry play Mark Davis and have notice that he know squares up to the object ball, then squares up to the white ball, does a little shuffle and then goes down to the shot.
    Has Stephen had any recent coaching to get back to form, if so who with?
    Also does Stephen have a new cue, it looks like a maple shaft with a ebony butt with one splice and two veneers? Who is the maker?
    Anyone?
    Cheers
    DeanH
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

get back to what form? did u watch the first 10mins? lol
    Blown away

Comment

didnt he play steve davis today?

Comment

No, it was Mark Davis... Unless Steve has dyed his hair black!
        :snooker:

Comment

I think Hendry isusing a new cue this season, which may have affect his game slightly?

Comment

I think that Hendry wasn't too impresive today. He was missing too many shots... But it's nice to see him in the last 16
            You cannot improve your game if you don't have a cue and snooker table
            BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

A lot of players miss shots

Hendry won 3/0 good result

Played ok but no great

But did not deserve catty remarks from Davis in combox

Comment

Both players were shocking. Was like watching me versus my mate after a few beers on a friday night.

You could tell davis was on the fringe of the first time into the top 16 and was clearly showing the pressure. Sadly the years are catching up with hendry and I dont think he'll ever get back to anything like his peak.

Comment

Well not bad in spells i thought
                  Lets face it he has played worse of late

Comment

And another thing it was all over in just under an hour

Comment

Originally Posted by debs View Post
                      Well not bad in spells i thought
                      Lets face it he has played worse of late
                      It looks to me like Hendry's finding some form for YOU!!! :snooker:
                      Winner of C77's Masters Fantasy Game 2010
                      Joint-winner of montoya10/theasaris' Shanghai Masters Fantasy Game 2010

Comment

I hate to see him playing this kind of standard though, has been that way for years. He is still 1 of my sporting heroes and the reason I got into snooker in the 1st place.

Always hope against hope he can get somewhere back to his best.

Comment

I dunno if he can /will get back to his best though, he was only saying yesterday that he can't practise like he used anymore, he can't keep the high std of play/concentration for hours on end like he used to...

Read into that what you will, but less practise, less concentration, well...................

Cough cough, move over willie theres a new full time commentator coming soon.....

Only messing about the 'full time commentators job' before you hendry fans backlash me...

Comment

Originally Posted by cally View Post
                            I dunno if he can /will get back to his best though, he was only saying yesterday that he can't practise like he used anymore, he can't keep the high std of play/concentration for hours on end like he used to...
                            Even when he used to say he's doing really good on the practice table, I still thought players like him (who have accomplished nearly everything there is to accomplish in snooker) must find it really hard to motivate themselves. I know he keeps saying he still has the hunger to win tournaments but it's not the same thing like when you're really hungry & you've got "the eye of the tiger" kind of approach to the game! :snooker:
                            Winner of C77's Masters Fantasy Game 2010
                            Joint-winner of montoya10/theasaris' Shanghai Masters Fantasy Game 2010

Comment

well, I think that Hendry, like other sport legends, definitely hates losing.

It's a delight to listen to those champions.
                              There's always something to learn from them.

Comment

Working...
                              X