Has Jan Verhaas made a mistake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Jan Verhaas made a mistake?

I was watching the final of the World Series in Prague last sunday and I´m not 100% sure if the dutchman made a mistake that could have costed Dott a frame. I think it was the third frame as Jimmy missed the final black (result 47-61). Shouldn´t that be called a fould and a miss as that would mean 7 points to Dott who could have equalled the score if he potted it then and take it to the respotted black which could have won him the frame?

47+7=54

54+7=61
    ALI FOR WORLD CHAMP 2012

The game ends on a foul on the final black. If the score stood at 61-54 after the points from the foul then Jimmy still wins. If the score had been 54-47 and Jimmy had fouled, the game would have ended on a level score 54-54 meaning there would then be a re-spot.

Comment

I see, thanks. Nevertheless I´m happy Jimmy won. Did anyone see the interview Jan did with the czech guy playing Higgins? He was asked if it´s true that he has a snooker table at home and his answer was "I only play pool!" haha so that was his first snooker match ever? and the other guy was a singer of a rock band and a downhill skier. Oh, and I was amazed how fully packed the arena was, and so cosy
      ALI FOR WORLD CHAMP 2012

Comment

Don't know if any of you guys saw it at the Grand Prix but the big dutchman put the brown and green in opposite positions when he set up the table!

Comment

Originally Posted by imy147 View Post
          Don't know if any of you guys saw it at the Grand Prix but the big dutchman put the brown and green in opposite positions when he set up the table!
          Yes and I couldn't help laugh at that
          sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

I remember once when he cost Hendry a frame against Hawkins and it turned the match. Only gave four points instead of six for a foul and it went to a re-spot which Hawkins won.
            sigpic
            http://prosnookerblog.com/

Comment

Everybody make mistakes, dont they? All in all he's a very good referee in my opinion.

Comment

Originally Posted by imy147 View Post
                I dont remember seeing that. What match did that happen in?
                "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Originally Posted by spike View Post
                  I dont remember seeing that. What match did that happen in?
                  Think that was the final, was when they came back out after an interval and they were in the wrong places. Changed them before they actually broke off though.
                  sigpic
                  http://prosnookerblog.com/

Comment

Originally Posted by Matt_2745 View Post
                    Think that was the final, was when they came back out after an interval and they were in the wrong places. Changed them before they actually broke off though.
                    Ok thanks..
                    "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Originally Posted by Templeton Peck View Post
                      The game ends on a foul on the final black. If the score stood at 61-54 after the points from the foul then Jimmy still wins. If the score had been 54-47 and Jimmy had fouled, the game would have ended on a level score 54-54 meaning there would then be a re-spot.
                      I've just come on here to find this out. This exact senario happened last night in our league game.

Comment

Basically, it is only possible to score once on the black. Once it is potted or a foul is committed, it's the end of the frame. Only is the scores are then level does it go to a re-spot.
                        Cheers
                        Steve

Comment

Jan making a misake and costing Dott a frame, you say?

Comment

Working...
                          X