No announcement yet.

World Open 2013 - Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lovely steal from Allen. Those breaks of 50 just aren't going to be enough for Stevens today. :wink:

Comment

• Originally Posted by arbitrage View Post
      http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...the-blame-game

i found your predictions quite funny to be honest - nothing beats a morning chuckle
      its interesting you read psychology today. what is the psychology behind belittling other peoples opinions and needing to be right? i would argue low self-esteem.
      Highest Match Break 39 (November 10th 2015)

Comment

• Originally Posted by armstm View Post
        its interesting you read psychology today. what is the psychology behind belittling other peoples opinions and needing to be right? i would argue low self-esteem.
        he did not post an opinion. he posted a prediction which proved to be diametrically wrong and one which he reversed 3 hours later. what is the psychology behind not understanding a post, butting in and then getting it all wrong (and then most likely not apologizing for it)? many lows there, take your pick

Comment

• everyone gets it wrong - probably even you. just accept that and accept yourself. you'll become a nicer person. i liked the article by the way and i agree with it.
          Highest Match Break 39 (November 10th 2015)

Comment

• Not particularly exciting stuff this morning. I think Stevens has limited the damage quite well in the end. He got those two good breaks to get back to 4-2, but it was mainly the scrappy frames that cost him. Allen himself didn't score as heavily as the scoreline suggests, but he did punish Stevens for not getting over the line in most frames.

We've seen many comebacks from 6-3 in the past. It's not easy, but it can be done. I remember Stevens playing a very strong evening session in the 2005 Irish Masters final against O'Sullivan, when he came back to 6-6 after losing 6-1 at one point. It's doubtful whether he can find that kind of form here though. I still think Allen will do the business. :smile:

Comment

• I thought snooker was supposed to be hyper-popular in China.

But it's the final now and there's still hardly any spectators in the arena.

Does anyone know what's going on?

Comment

• apparently tickets are expensive and the refs keep telling those that do turn up to stop enjoying themselves or get out

Comment

• In among the balls Allen is one of best in my opinion, I've no doubt he's going to bring this form to the world championship final in the near future and be Northern Ireland's next world champ after Taylor many moons ago...
                  Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

• What an embarressment for world snooker this tournament has been eh..

Telling us all it's massive in china all the time and then they show a tourney with NOBODY in the audience all wk, not even the final..

What a shambles...

Anyways, enjoying watching ron beat up hendry at the mo..

Comment

• If they have overcharged on the tickets, presumably to cover costs, they will be fooked lol with no sales at all

Comment

• overcharged for tickets, they supposed to be booming over there int they...

Whatever the price of tickets, if it was sooo popular it would still have a good turnout, it's not the first chinese tounament with low attendence either is it..

If tickets are overpriced for this tourney imagine if the worlds ever went there with the price on them ticks...

Popular in china my ass....

Comment

• Originally Posted by cally View Post
                          ... Anyways, enjoying watching ron beat up hendry at the mo..
                          Ahem you were saying .....................
                          Nice 147 there from Hendry in final frame decider

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                            Ahem you were saying .....................
                            Nice 147 there from Hendry in final frame decider
                            Yeh i knew it was coming, that's why i said i was enjoying it at the MO....

Corker of a match that, and there was alot happening there i dunno what it was,... Oh wait, it was an AUDIENCE there for it, that was it ...

Comment

• Originally Posted by cally View Post
                              ... Corker of a match that, and there was alot happening there i dunno what it was,... Oh wait, it was an AUDIENCE there for it, that was it ...
                              Lol, maybe has something to do with Allen being in the final
                              I bet if Ding was there it would be packed, obviously not true snooker fans the Chinese ???

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                                Lol, maybe has something to do with Allen being in the final
                                I bet if Ding was there it would be packed, obviously not true snooker fans the Chinese ???

Might be so indeed. Personally I find it very disappointing. I can find very little enjoyment watching a snooker match without any audience (participation). Really hoping Hearn can address the bad attitude of cameramen and audience members in general. I think it might be a case of chinese audience having to come to terms with the way snooker is played at top-level, and the absolute need for a player's focus and concentration on the shot. Hoping this is the case and chinese audiences will learn (fast). But if it will turn out to be the result of cultural differences, then I really hope no new chinese tournaments will be added to the snooker calendar. In the meantime I'm looking forward to the PTC Grand Final and World Championship later on...
                                Last edited by daffie; 3 March 2013, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X