No announcement yet.

World Open 2013 - Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am looking forward to some very interesting matches.

I do hope Trump or Robertson win however there is some
    very tough competition in this tournament.

Comment

Says a lot when the weakest player in the final 8 is Matthew Stevens. Roberston/Selby will probably be match of the round, really can't pick between them. Ding/Higgins is another great tie. Think Ding could edge it if he keeps his game up, would be nice to see him at least get to the final to get his confidence up ready for the up coming Worlds. Tough to pick a winner though, honestly not much to pick between them in these short format matches

Comment

I can't believe attendace is so poor. We are talking about the top 2 players in the World playing.

Comment

What did hearn say they sold more tickets than ever?!? I am sure if ronnie hadbeen therewe woud at least be fullhouse

Comment

One would think that Trump's popular in China but the arena is almost empty...

Comment

. . . and what was going on with his tip ?

At least the ref knew that the match had to actually start before allowing the 15 min break to fix it.

Judd plays 1 shot ( breaks off ), then slopes off to fix tip. :snooker:
              --------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

looked like an act of sabotage to me. I know they were coming out with reasons why his tip may have gone like that but these tips are quite firm once played in and it looked far too perfectly rounded to have just got caught in the case, I wonder if one of the other players or someone behind the scenes has done deliberate damage maybe having money on Stevens to win for example. Judd's face when he went to chalk his tip, felt really sorry for him given the turnaround in form he has showed and then this happens. Its definitely affected his game with a new tip, he's catching a lot of safety shots too thick and its costing him the match here.

Comment

Mornin'

I just posted in a different thread about the tip, I was thinking is it possible that if his cue was left somewhere perhaps without A/C, the high humidity might affect the the material of the tip.

Similar to hot and cold causing a cue to warps. But being leather which is more porous could be caused to change shape and firmness with moisture.

Thebranstonman
                  TheBranstonMan

Comment

here is the pic of Trumps tip.
                    BEQMgBZCQAAQGD0.jpg
                    Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

Good win for Robertson. It looked like Selby went ahead just at the right time, as the match reached the business end, but Robertson managed to turn it around this time. He was slightly lucky in the last frame though, because that missed blue off the spot could have cost him more. He's certainly shown more weakness at crucial points of matches and tournaments this season, compared to the killer instinct and strong pressure play we've seen from him over the years. But on the other hand, his consistency has been better than ever this season.

He has as good a chance as anyone to win this title from here on. :wink:

Comment

I have to say that the conditions in these overseas events really needs to be looked into. We've had all sorts of problems and its not right that a sport like snooker that players cues go missing, cameramen and some of the audience have no respect for the players, the humidity and logic in playing snooker on a very small island and the problems with people getting to the arena and the insects that are really distracting to the players. Its an absolute joke that Hearn can come on and defend the new ranking system saying the sport needs to be taken more seriously and then holding an event like this!

Comment

Lovely break from Stevens in the last frame. It's a pretty rare SF appearance for him, he's mainly stayed in the top16 thanks to his consistent runs to 2nd rounds and QFs, so it will be interesting to see whether he can really challenge for the title here. Robertson will be tough to crack over a best-of-11. :wink:

Comment

Stevens played pretty solid and I believe that was the first match he played using his own cue. Perhaps having his own cue gave him a little extra confidence and he certainly looked good in the balls, can't really remember him missing an easy shot all match. Trump was certainly struggling with the tip though, his positional play was all over the place as well, to be expected with a new tip. It was largely the safety that was the problem though, Stevens kept things tight and Trump just couldn't judge the pace and throw over distance and left so many safety shots short and left Stevens easy chances to get in.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                              looked like an act of sabotage to me. I know they were coming out with reasons why his tip may have gone like that but these tips are quite firm once played in and it looked far too perfectly rounded to have just got caught in the case, I wonder if one of the other players or someone behind the scenes has done deliberate damage maybe having money on Stevens to win for example.
                              I respect that you're a Trump fan but this is hilarious, sorry...

Anyway, good solid game from Stevens and a pitty that Trump had tip problems but he managed to keep it tight anyway.

Comment

Hehe, just my dry sense of humour, I was waiting for someone to bite, congrats!

Comment

Working...
                                X