No announcement yet.

2012 uk ptcs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HI Terry i checked for Canadians going to the UK a person does not need a Visa to get into Great Britain apparently Alain Robidoux tried to contact Zeigler by phone and does not answer if i do get news why Zeigler did not go will let you know cheers Leonard

Comment

Originally Posted by the montrealer View Post
      HI Terry i checked for Canadians going to the UK a person does not need a Visa to get into Great Britain apparently Alain Robidoux tried to contact Zeigler by phone and does not answer if i do get news why Zeigler did not go will let you know cheers Leonard
      HI I also checked if you are in England for 6 Months you require a visa to get into the Contry hope this helps
      or maybe someone knows cheers Leonard

Comment

montrealer:

The problem is Floyd is going to the UK to work. Any Canadian can visit the UK on a tourist visa (no application or paperwork, just the passport) for up to 6 months but you cannot work for pay so then you need to apply for a work visa or a resident visa before you can play in a pro tournament where prize money is involved. This is probably so the tax man can track you.

This might also be a WPBSA rule they are required to apply to all overseas players, again so they can deduct the relevant withholding taxes from any pay cheques they dish out to non-UK players.

It used to be (not sure if it still is) if you had a grandparent or parent born in Britain then you could apply for a residence visa. That is how I got to live there back in the 80's as my grandmother was born in Britain but I'm not sure if that rule is still in effect. Probably not applicable to Floyd anyway with a last name like Zeigler.

Terry
        Terry Davidson
        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

HI Terry thanks for the information I hope that Floyd Zeigler applies for a Visa as i would like to see him how he does on the PTC Events Cheers Leonard

Comment

montrealer:

I believe the WSA applies for the pro athlete visa on behalf of overseas players. Likely the delay was with the British Foreign Office, who like any big civil service bureaucracy take their own good time to process. Then I believe Floyd would have to go into the British consulate in Toronto to get his passport stamped and have the visa attached. And book a new flight of course.

Floyd is due to play today I believe against Robbie Williams in the Shanghai Open preliminary qual round. However, I doubt he's even over in the as UK yet. Really unfortunate.

Terry
            Terry Davidson
            IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Working...
            X