X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and Hot Rod Lawler beats Mark Joyce 5-0

Comment

Originally Posted by pearce View Post
      As an Australian and avid snooker fan, I know how important the Goldfields Open is to Australian Snooker. To have 7 of the top 16 drop out including numbers 2 - 3 - 4 & 5 plus Ronnie will certainly hurt attendance with the tournament being in the second year of a three year contract. I hope it doesn't affect it being an ongoing fixture.
      I think the main problem is the prize money. Don't forget these players have to pay for their own flights and accomodation and some are not as well off as others or have great sponsors to help pay these costs. Also Oz holds 47.5% tax, so a player winning £10k loses £5k straight away, travel and accomodation is prob around £1700 so you've done all that for for a couple of grand and that is if you've had a good run to the latter stages. And you wonder why the players have dropped out!

Comment

Originally Posted by CueInAction View Post
        Do non tour players earn any points to add to their Q School Order of Merit points so that when it comes to fill Hendry's place, its still open who takes it?
        I Believe they qualify for ranking points liu song did while he was covering for higgins and einsle a few years ago
        Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

live matches this morning will be nugget vs Wild and M White vs Mann would of been a diff white but he withdrew yesterday
          Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

Be good to see Steve Davis make it through to Australia. Also I want Mitchell Mann to win, because he reminds me of this guy.

http://blog.5pm.co.uk/wp-content/upl...chelin-man.jpg

Comment

Just got back from walking the dog to see that Steve lost the first frame, was it a close one or what?

-
              The fast and the furious,
              The slow and labourious,
              All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

What a frame that 2nd one was, I thought Steve had it after he got the points from the snooker he needed and then another one straight after, leaving him a thin cut on the last red into the top right corner, which he missed, Wild pots it but then misses the black off the spot only to leave Steve snookered on the yellow! Anyway, 2 - 0 to Wild now.

-
                The slow and labourious,

Comment

54 each in the 3rd with pink and black left, and wild pulls out a cracking snooker, eventually taking the frame. Gritty stuff this, but Wild certainly seems to know his way around the table.

-
                  The slow and labourious,

Comment

Wild takes the 4th with a nice 102 break. 4 - 0 now.

-
                    The slow and labourious,

Comment

I see Steve has gone back to using his Parris cue this season. I did hear something that he was going to use it again, maybe that explains his poor form. Seems a strange thing to do at his age when the game is hard enough, without changing cue!

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                        I see Steve has gone back to using his Parris cue this season. I did hear something that he was going to use it again, maybe that explains his poor form. Seems a strange thing to do at his age when the game is hard enough, without changing cue!
                        I didn't realise that, does seem a bit strange but he must have his reasons.
                        Great result for Wild though whitewashing the Nugget, hard luck Steve.

-
                        The slow and labourious,

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

-
                          wilds second whitewash of the qualifying too he whitewashed Daniel Wells in 1st round

Comment

Originally Posted by LittleMissAlexa View Post
                            wilds second whitewash of the qualifying too he whitewashed Daniel Wells in 1st round
                            He's no mug is he. Should be a good match between him and Doherty tomorrow.

-
                            The slow and labourious,

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

-
                              What cue was he using last season then ? I thought he always used Parris , or has he reverted to his original one ?
                              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

How come Jimmy has withdrawn?

Comment

Working...
                                X