No announcement yet.

International Championship Qualifiers 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

someone id have down the job centre tomorrow morning.

Comment

theres only one shot possible there anmd that is to use the two green pocket cushions to come off that side cuhion and hit the ball furthest from the black full ball from what i see
      Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

weird accurance Tian Pengfei still with a chance of a ton decides not to continue his break and accepts Cao Yupengs concession
        Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

just caught the last few balls of the deciding frame ... Pengfei misses a regulation pot for snookers required by taking far too long to get down on the shot ... a few shots later, Yupeng calmly and coolly clears up to win ...

weird innit ... I only play competitively in a local UK 8ball pub league but one of the first things I learned is *not* to take any more (or any less) time on a pressure pot ...

Comment

Originally Posted by LittleMissAlexa View Post
            could Adam of avoided potting the black there if not its not a stalemate
            well to be fair to the ref, this general position had been going on for a long while already, I didn't count but maybe 30 or more shots each, maybe 10 minutes or more ... the ref had already had a polite word a few minutes earlier "if this continues for much longer, I'm going to have to think about a re-rack" ...

but it did continue so the ref said "2 shots each and then a re-rack" ... neither player tried to alter the position so the ref said re-rack ...

the problem with WJE's statement is that eventually someone has to pot the black is that they don't ... with 5 reds there, both players had already well proven that they could play cushion first or gently so there was no chance of rattling the reds enough to put the black in ...

and the screen shot is a good example of what they were doing ... they'd stopped trying to get the white behind the brown or yellow, they were just safely hitting a red and leaving the white within a few feet as in the picture ...

so, imo, good call by the ref ... both players left the cubicle afterwards and presumably had a moan to Eirian Williams in the tournament office cos he appeared and had a short conversation with the ref (we couldn't hear what was said) but anyway, the match continued in good spirits with clearly no bad feelings between either player or the ref ...

I personally thought it was a good few minutes of tactical snooker and the ref did fine ... I have seen the ref before although I don't know his name (he's not one of the "famous" ones) ...

my only puzzle ... my broadband froze at one point when Adam Duffy had a clear shot on a red into the other black pocket ... a gettable pot but no future, he could only play safe on the colour after ... but I missed what happened as I rebooted my PC ... does anyone know if he had a pop at it or play safe ... after I rebooted, all 5 reds were still in that corner so he clearly didn't get the pot if he did have a go ...

Comment

strange that Pankaj Advani (had a few years on the tour) without a century before these qualifiers has 4 now london buses come to mind

Comment

Originally Posted by DandyA View Post
                well to be fair to the ref, this general position had been going on for a long while already, I didn't count but maybe 30 or more shots each, maybe 10 minutes or more ... the ref had already had a polite word a few minutes earlier "if this continues for much longer, I'm going to have to think about a re-rack" ...

but it did continue so the ref said "2 shots each and then a re-rack" ... neither player tried to alter the position so the ref said re-rack ...

the problem with WJE's statement is that eventually someone has to pot the black is that they don't ... with 5 reds there, both players had already well proven that they could play cushion first or gently so there was no chance of rattling the reds enough to put the black in ...

and the screen shot is a good example of what they were doing ... they'd stopped trying to get the white behind the brown or yellow, they were just safely hitting a red and leaving the white within a few feet as in the picture ...

so, imo, good call by the ref ...
                Well that's the way I saw it too, but we're both clearly raving mad. To be fair to wild, the ref did go on to have a bit of a nightmare, his replacing of the balls after F&Ms was way off. I know it's a tricky job, but at one point there was a red next to a spotted blue, which ended up on the top cushion after his 'repositioning'! I really don't see why they can't have a little technical help with that these days.

Originally Posted by DandyA View Post
                my only puzzle ... my broadband froze at one point when Adam Duffy had a clear shot on a red into the other black pocket ... a gettable pot but no future, he could only play safe on the colour after ... but I missed what happened as I rebooted my PC ... does anyone know if he had a pop at it or play safe ... after I rebooted, all 5 reds were still in that corner so he clearly didn't get the pot if he did have a go ...
                Sorry, can't be sure about that one.

-
                Last edited by PatBlock; 21 August 2012, 03:39 PM.
                The fast and the furious,
                The slow and labourious,
                All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Ouch!!! What a fluke on the Pink, sore one for Selt.

Comment

1am and xiao vs pinches still playing actually only just started the deciding frame looks like a six hour match looking forward to judds twitter feed

Comment

Marco Fu becomes the 10th player to join the 250 club

Comment

Final session of qualifying tonight.

Official LiveWorldSnooker site @ £3 a month:
                        http://www.worldsnooker.livesport.tv/

or the usual dodgy streams:

Carter v Harrold
                        http://www.hahasport.com/v-4/2/190/v-439068.html

Ford v Yupeng
                        http://www.hahasport.com/v-4/2/190/v-439165.html

-
                        The slow and labourious,

Comment

PatBlock just curious,is Hendon doing the Carter Harold match and Yates doing the Ford Cao match on your world snooker tv? Since you've had ws tv who else has done commentary? Everton? Foulds? who else? cheers.

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post
                            PatBlock just curious,is Hendon doing the Carter Harold match and Yates doing the Ford Cao match on your world snooker tv? Since you've had ws tv who else has done commentary? Everton? Foulds? who else? cheers.
                            Yeah those two on tonight, we also had Clive this afternoon, I haven't heard Neal so far though, unfortunately.

-
                            The slow and labourious,

Comment

Sorry my mistake, we seem to have Norman Collier commentating on the Carter v Harrold match.

-
                              The slow and labourious,

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                                Sorry my mistake, we seem to have Norman Collier commentating on the Carter v Harrold match.

-
                                who? ill ask google

Comment

Working...
                                X