No announcement yet.

2013 Masters discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow this is fun .... well done robbo .. most others would have lost this frame by now

Comment

• Originally Posted by brusque View Post
      wow this is fun .... well done robbo .. most others would have lost this frame by now
      have you seen the colours, it will still take a miracle to win from here. That fluked red and the points Selby scored from it ultimately won him the frame.

Comment

• now if only Niel could play a half decent safety ... that's why Selby wins coz he plays excellent safety ... Neil just gift wrapped the red .. naturally selby got the black ... why blame him when Neil **** it all up with his poor shot

Comment

• have u noticed .. selby already won it mate ... u can curse him all u want but he knows how to win unlike many

Comment

• sorry brusque but you really don't understand snooker if you think that luck hasn't played a large part in this match. I'm not cursing him, just pointing it out for those that don't acknowledge it.

Comment

• sorry mate .... Neil gifted the red .... Selby would have put the opponent in a tough snooker in the same situation ... selby getting the flick on black is immaterial ... Neil brought it on himself .. . he was neither aggressive nor safe .. that aint good enough

Comment

now if only Niel could play a half decent safety ... that's why Selby wins coz he plays excellent safety ... Neil just gift wrapped the red .. naturally selby got the black ... why blame him when Neil **** it all up with his poor shot
                Exactly. A few too may gifts from Robertson.

-
                The fast and the furious,
                The slow and labourious,
                All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Has Selby ever lost a big match from a position like this? I can't think of any... :smile:

Comment

sorry mate .... Neil gifted the red .... Selby would have put the opponent in a tough snooker in the same situation ... selby getting the flick on black is immaterial ... Neil brought it on himself .. . he was neither aggressive nor safe .. that aint good enough
                    It wasn't gifted, you make out that the shot Neil played was straightforward yet it wasn't that easy at all. He tried to bring a colour or two into play, took a slight risk and flicked the yellow and left it on. YOu say the miss on the black is immaterial but its a massive slice because he only had to pot it to leave neil needing snookers. without the flick he has to play a safety and the clear up wasn't straightforward. It took a lot of pressure off Selby and all the pressure is on Neil. These little rubs he is getting are massively crucial, despite how you want to play them down

Comment

• I think one of Hearns next moves should be to get rid of the audience earphones for commentary. Couldn't believe Dennis was cracking jokes that he knows are going to make the audience at least snigger if not laugh out loud like they did with the 'I used to have a shirt like that' comment, when a player is down on a shot. I have to admit I was laughing with the rest of them, but there's been a number of occasions since their introduction where a player has been interrupted on the shot because of a sudden outburst of laughter because of something that's been said in the commentary box.
                      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                        I think one of Hearns next moves should be to get rid of the audience earphones for commentary. Couldn't believe Dennis was cracking jokes that he knows are going to make the audience at least snigger if not laugh out loud like they did with the 'I used to have a shirt like that' comment, when a player is down on a shot. I have to admit I was laughing with the rest of them, but there's been a number of occasions since their introduction where a player has been interrupted on the shot because of a sudden outburst of laughter.
                        Agree completely...not done Dennis! Not a problem for Selby, but Neil was battling for an all important frame.

Comment

• there we go again .. selby misses black .. leaves pretty much nothing ... robertson pots a nice long red .. finds himself snookered

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                            I think one of Hearns next moves should be to get rid of the audience earphones for commentary. Couldn't believe Dennis was cracking jokes that he knows are going to make the audience at least snigger if not laugh out loud like they did with the 'I used to have a shirt like that' comment, when a player is down on a shot. I have to admit I was laughing with the rest of them, but there's been a number of occasions since their introduction where a player has been interrupted on the shot because of a sudden outburst of laughter because of something that's been said in the commentary box.
                            I agree, very unprofessional and thoughtless.

-
                            The fast and the furious,
                            The slow and labourious,
                            All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Superb red

Comment

• Selby did not moan .. got down and potted the red .. what a stroll in the park this masters final has been for him. Well done Selby ... well deserved!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X