• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What side do you watch Snooker on?

Which side do you watch Snooker on ?

The BBC which includes interactive (lol), Internet and TV

or

EuroSport on TV, SkyPlayer, EuroSport Player, Internet etc

If you are on Twitter RT this for EuroSport - https://twitter.com/TheSnookerForum/...86056895135744 and this for BBC - https://twitter.com/TheSnookerForum/...86011596660737
    A BBC Service
    48.39%
    A EuroSport Service
    51.61%
    Last edited by ferret; 15 January 2013, 08:55 PM.

Perfect stream,best commentators and now includes commentary between frames so the Bbc online hands down.

Comment

always eurosport, mainly due to virgo!
      http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

Eurosport. In HD

Comment

Eurosport in HD also

Comment

i watch snooker from the right side !

Comment

eurosport HD.

If only they could get the commentators dialogue in sync with the game.

Comment

Eurosport on TV and Eurosport player.

Comment

Eurosport in HD - can't stand Virgo's commentary and Eurosport actually show the games Live on my TV, unlike the BBC who don't bother with that any more.

Comment

Mainly Eurosport , their coverage has been brill for the past few years .

Comment

Unfortunately BBC as don't have Eurosports, luckily after my 1500 word complaint the BBC are now showing it on the red button so not missing huge sections or having to go online like Sunday afternoon which was a disgrace.
                      "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

I do prefer to watch my snooker on BBC TV as I do like their interviews and VT pieces of interest between matches and I do like most of their commentators. Sometimes have to use the Red Button.
                        But due to their lack of coverage of the season; Eurosport have become the choice of preference, I like their commentators and have noticed that their coverage and reliablity to stay with the snooker has imporved and not drop off just before the final deciding frame to tiddliwinks or something.
                        So across the season Eurosport which is free with my Sky package (no sports package).

Very infrequently I will use the PC on the BBC (when stuck at work ) or sportlemon when desperate

I have not signed up for any iplayer or WS Live service.

Note about Eurosport commentary being out of sync, is because their feed from the event supplier is feed to "eurosport" studio where the commentators are (they tend never to be at the event itself I believe), then it is feed out to viewers so there is a built-in latency. This would be hilarious with JV's catchphrase that shall-never-be-spoken - as it would always be behind the occurance
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

(My first post) I would like to say the BBC but their treatment of snooker in the last few years has forced me to go for the ever respectful Eurosport.

I cant afford the package Eurosport is part of so I have missed alot of event as they increase their coverage and my only means of watching snooker, the BBC, have decreased it. With them hardly showing snooker on the red button for an event last year made me finally do something I had thought about before: I got Eurosport Player.

So I stream the Player on my laptop which is connected to my TV (still rather watch snooker on TV). Sadly the Player doesnt work on my PS3 which would make things easier. I got a deal where it is £1.99 per month so it costs alittle but is still cheaper than paying what Sky want for the package Eurosport is lumped with.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                            I do prefer to watch my snooker on BBC TV as I do like their interviews and VT pieces of interest between matches and I do like most of their commentators. Sometimes have to use the Red Button.
                            But due to their lack of coverage of the season; Eurosport have become the choice of preference, I like their commentators and have noticed that their coverage and reliablity to stay with the snooker has imporved and not drop off just before the final deciding frame to tiddliwinks or something.
                            So across the season Eurosport which is free with my Sky package (no sports package).

Very infrequently I will use the PC on the BBC (when stuck at work ) or sportlemon when desperate

I have not signed up for any iplayer or WS Live service.

Note about Eurosport commentary being out of sync, is because their feed from the event supplier is feed to "eurosport" studio where the commentators are (they tend never to be at the event itself I believe), then it is feed out to viewers so there is a built-in latency. This would be hilarious with JV's catchphrase that shall-never-be-spoken - as it would always be behind the occurance
                            most of the time it's been a bit late, but the other day it was actually ahead by about 1/2 a second which was wierd. On the fast pots they were saying how good the pot was just before the ob was hit.

Comment

Usually BBC, europsort gets annoying when i start to notice an annoying squeaking sound in the background that sounds like an old fan in need of oiling, seems to be there all the bloody time for some reason.

Comment

Working...
                              X