Welsh Open 2013 - Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    It is known that SD has a new cue for some time now (another thread on that) which is quite heavy (20oz +) and called The Beast but SD Twittered about having a fibre ferrule but I am sure I saw brass.
    Cheers
    I recently went to a Steve Davis snooker exhibition. And I noticed that, during the pause at the end of his backswing, his arm starts to shake. So I suspect he has moved to a 20oz + cue to try to minimize this shaking.

But, in his match today against Mark Selby, he was definitely using a cue with a brass ferrule - not a fibre ferrule. So I'm not sure what's going on there.

Maybe he's just had the fibre ferrule replaced with a brass one. Or maybe it's a different cue altogether. I honestly don't know.

Comment

Originally Posted by cally View Post
      Another rant then....

Hour an half and the evening sessions over with, these best of 7's are laughable for a ranking event..

Peeved me rite off now...

This is the bright future of snooker! Everyone is impatiently waiting for the shot-clock and limited frame time too. Ask arbs if you don't believe me.

Comment

Originally Posted by Achamian View Post
        I recently went to a Steve Davis snooker exhibition. And I noticed that, during the pause at the end of his backswing, his arm starts to shake. So I suspect he has moved to a 20oz + cue to try to minimize this shaking.

But, in his match today against Mark Selby, he was definitely using a cue with a brass ferrule - not a fibre ferrule. So I'm not sure what's going on there.

Maybe he's just had the fibre ferrule replaced with a brass one. Or maybe it's a different cue altogether. I honestly don't know.
        According to Parris Cues, Davis has switched back to a brass ferrule until the end of the season as he is having difficulty judging side spin and top spin positional shots off a cushion. He intends to go back to the resin ferrule after the World Championships but he says he hasn't got the time at present to persevere and put the hours of practice in with it with the current schedule. It's the same cue, expect the resin ferrule to be used next season.

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
          They should just annouce Dale as "The man of a thousand cues".

Also, wtf was that walk on music..
          Anyone know which of the 1000 cues he's using at the moment - the shaft looks stunning...

Comment

does anyone know if they are showing the Robertson match? on

Comment

I have the same issue. can't find a stream anywhere... :/
              Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

I checked every streaming site plus all schedules for all BBC Channels including Red button and Eurosport 1&2. Nobody covers the live action with Robertson/Burns and/or Maguire/Hamilton.

Comment

Originally Posted by aussie147 View Post
                  does anyone know if they are showing the Robertson match? on
                  Nope, not on the BBC or Eurosport as far as I can see. Cheers Barry, nice one, well done mate.
                  Oh, and thanks for the revamped live scoring with the scores reduced to a small box surrounded by loads of crappy adverts, another great job there.

-
                  The fast and the furious,
                  The slow and labourious,
                  All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Oh great, the Maguire v Hamilton match is still on but British Eurosport 2 are showing yesterday's Trump match, presumably because it was such a classic. Looks like it's going to be one of 'those' days.

-
                    The slow and labourious,

Comment

And now on British Eurosport 1, desert burger racing has given way to yesterday's Davis v Selby match, another classic I suppose. Meanwhile Hamilton pulls a frame back to make it 3 - 2 to Mags.

-
                      The slow and labourious,

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                        Oh great, the Maguire v Hamilton match is still on but British Eurosport 2 are showing yesterday's Trump match, presumably because it was such a classic. Looks like it's going to be one of 'those' days.

-
                        Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                        And now on British Eurosport 1, desert burger racing has given way to yesterday's Davis v Selby match, another classic I suppose. Meanwhile Hamilton pulls a frame back to make it 3 - 2 to Mags.

-
                        So Pat how's your afternoon going so far Doesn't bode well for my evening session of afternoon snooker...that's for sure. From top of my head coverage starts on eurosport at 14:30 CET. Meagre day for sure...

Comment

Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                          So Pat how's your afternoon going so far
                          Haha, yeah I've got a touch of the grumps today haven't I. Looking forward to Fu v Allen though.

Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                          Doesn't bode well for my evening session of afternoon snooker...that's for sure.
                          Nah, you'll be fine m8, coverage of both tables has started now, at last.

-
                          The slow and labourious,

Comment

Sounds good enough to me. And Fu - Allen seems to be a repeating match-up...it's not that long ago they played each other. What was it...in Germany? Edit : it was the UK.

Good match to look forward to...
                            Last edited by daffie; 12 February 2013, 03:48 PM.

Comment

What the hell is Neal Foulds on about. Ha ha. He sounds like Gary Belamy from 'Down the line'.
                              Last edited by cyberheater; 12 February 2013, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Just got back from zooport, never bothered staying for higgins i nesrly fell asleep watching the robertson v burns match, burns dragged neil down a bit, a few embarrasing shots that burns played aye.. very slow player, like the second coming of ebdon he was...
                                Maguire woke me up a bit when he wacked his cue on the table (i think) he did anyway, as he banged i looked over... 'ell of a whack it was
                                I enjoyed the fu v allen match but could hardly keep my eyes open mun, will try and get a good nights kip tonight ready for a full day of it tomoz..

Best of 7's ain't too clever though, too many matches over before they begin and NO ranking event should be best of 7, saying that IMO NO pro snooker should be so short..

Ha well what can ya do eh, just take it as it is ain't it, i think we all realise by now it's barry's way or the highway..

Oh yeh, anyone know what cue maguire was using today?, looked lovely it did...
                                Last edited by cally; 12 February 2013, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X