Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No tickets available for the final?

Hi,

Me and my friend are planning to come to the UK from abroad to watch some matches from the upcoming world championship. I've looked in the official site for tickets for the final (https://www.sheffieldboxoffice.com/s...reswsc/online/), and it says "Currently Unavailable". Does this mean that this event is already sold out?! Or maybe tickets are released for sale in batches?
    Are there other agencies who still have tickets for the final or semis?

thanks..

Tickets went on sale a matter of weeks after the end of the 2012 championship, so they'll be sold out. However, the Sheffield box office may have a few reserves left to release and there are always returns, but your best chance is likely to be ebay, where some greedy ******* will have 12 tickets for sale at 300 quid a piece.

Comment

It was a bit strange last year the way the tickets came out with almost no notice and no time for anyones bank balance to recover from the previous one. Normally they went on sale in Oct via post and in the new year for any left.

Just looked now and hardly anything left and any seats that are left are in the back couple of rows. I'd save your money this time and book straight away for next year if that is an option. I do think the final is a bit much, why does each session increase for that match it cost over £200 just to watch it and imo it has fallen flat in the last few years compared to the quarters and semis.

Comment

Luckily, I managed to get tickets for the opening weekend. (Which is what I usually go for.)

I didn't particularly fancy watching Ronnie as I'm not a fan. So I went for Table 2 all days Saturday and all day Sunday. That's three full matches. I've done four full matches in the past, and run over to Monday, but that can be a bit much.

Hopefully, I get three good matches and enough time for a few pints in the hotel bar afterwards.

Comment

What hotel are you staying in?

Comment

A technical question, in case that I do get tickets somehow:
            There are tickets which are sold for the final session of a match. What happens to the tickets if a player beats his opponent with one session to spare, thus making the last session unnecessary?

Comment

Originally Posted by drmwvr View Post
              There are tickets which are sold for the final session of a match. What happens to the tickets if a player beats his opponent with one session to spare, thus making the last session unnecessary?
              You get to keep the ticket!!

Comment

Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                Tickets went on sale a matter of weeks after the end of the 2012 championship, so they'll be sold out. However, the Sheffield box office may have a few reserves left to release and there are always returns, but your best chance is likely to be ebay, where some greedy ******* will have 12 tickets for sale at 300 quid a piece.

Hells bells...... Your bang on the mark there Gav!!

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/vie...id=98697229772

Unbelievable mark up on those tickets.....
                Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Originally Posted by drmwvr View Post
                  Not sure. Logic would dictate you get a refund. But when that's happened in the past, aren't the stories of the two players having to come out and do trick shots to entertain the crowd?

How often does a Crucible final end with a session to spare anyway?

Comment

Originally Posted by coomsey76 View Post
                    Hells bells...... Your bang on the mark there Gav!!

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/vie...id=98697229772

Unbelievable mark up on those tickets.....
                    That's unebelivable. I've been to all four sessions of The Crucible final before, and it's only about £200 a person.

Comment

I know it's a real shame, people just buying tickets to make a profit and pricing fans out of the market!!

Comment

Looking forward to my opening weekend in Sheffield.

Comment

I bet you are bud......

And Ronnie will be up first match!!

Comment

Originally Posted by coomsey76 View Post
                            I bet you are bud......

And Ronnie will be up first match!!
                            I'm on Table 2, World Champion plays on Table 1. I deliberately chose the other table. Never been a Ronnie fan particularly, thought I'd save a seat for somebody who was.

Comment

From the World Snooker website;

Snooker fans hoping for a chance to see the Betfair World Championship live can book seats for previously sold-out sessions as extra tickets are released at 10am on Thursday.

Snooker's greatest tournament starts in just over three weeks on April 20 at the Crucible Theatre in Sheffield and it is one of the truly magical occasions on the sporting calendar.

A limited number of tickets for each session - including the final on May 5 and 6 - have become available as they were left over from World Snooker's allocation to its partners.

The tickets will be on sale when the box office opens at 10am on Thursday and fans are advised to book immediately to secure their seats. Call 0844 6565 147 or visit sheffieldtheatres.co.uk

A spokesman for World Snooker said: "We are building towards one of the most fascinating Championships ever, with Ronnie O'Sullivan back to defend his crown against a host of gifted players such as Judd Trump, Neil Robertson, Mark Selby, Ding Junhui, Mark Allen and John Higgins. Anyone who has the chance to be at the Crucible to see the action live should grasp the opportunity, as it is an incredible experience. Tickets are also a fantastic gift to give to a friend for Easter.

"We are pleased to be able to offer more tickets for general sale and advise fans to book quickly. We are on course for record sales and the atmosphere inside the arena will be electric."

There are some incredible VIP packages for the semis and the final which allow fans to see the latter stages unfold in style. For details call Frank on 01277 359 925 or the Crucible Theatre on 0844 6565 147.

There are also tickets available for the qualifying rounds from April 6 to 14 as the likes of Steve Davis, Jimmy White and Ken Doherty battle for a place at the Crucible. Call 0114 256 5567 or visit www.arenaticketshop.co.uk

The Betfair World Championship is supported by Sheffield City Council.

Comment

Working...
                              X