No announcement yet.

World Snooker Championships Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He won't be laughing on the inside. Trust me on that.

Comment

• Maguire looks furious!!!!
      After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

• Originally Posted by paddybhoy30 View Post
        He won't be laughing on the inside. Trust me on that.
        Yeah but still...knowing Maguire and his temper...he doesn't seem very bothered about his opponent tonight...he seems to take it in his stride.

Anyway...Poomjaeng's almost there. Maguire could get one more chance though...

Comment

• The night is Dechawat's commiserations Mags [honest],just Marco 4 from 10 and Devon's Sam Baird over Bingham for my biggest ever betting win ha ha !!

Comment

• Originally Posted by trains View Post
            The night is Dechawat's commiserations Mags [honest]
            Great great win for Poomjaeng...many congratulations to him! What a character and he played fantastically well against the nr 4. Looking forward to his next match.

Comment

• Well played, just like he had no pressure at all, brilliant.

It's not Scotland's championship is it.

Comment

• Congrats Poomjaeng. What an amazing win against a player of Mag's calibre.

Comment

• Congrats poomjaeng. Not scotland's. i'll remember you said that.

Comment

Poomhaengs antics getting a bit tedious now. C'mon maguire.
                    Well I'm not quite there yet, but I agree he needs to be careful it doesn't all become too contrived.

Just be himself and don't milk it, and he'll continue winning hearts.
                    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Congrats poomjaeng. Not scotland's. i'll remember you said that.
                      No problem. I'll be so pleased if Dott wins, you could make a fool of me as much as you want

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                        Me too...would love to see him go through. Too bad though he will face Michael White...another newcomer I really like and would like to do well and come through.
                        Yeah, it pains me too because I have Michael White on my fantasy snooker team but I want to see Poomjaeng do well, I am torn
                        "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
                        - Linus Pauling

Comment

• Just noticed a shot of Poomjaeng when watching the match again on the BBC highlights show, that I missed the significance of when I saw it live. A red to the corner pocket, but no way out onto a colour because the pack was in his way (black was on the green spot), so what does he do? Simple, pot the red and jump over the pack :hororr:

Don't think I've ever see a shot like that before, and certainly not at such a stage in a match.
                          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                            Just noticed a shot of Poomjaeng when watching the match again on the BBC highlights show, that I missed the significance of when I saw it live. A red to the corner pocket, but no way out onto a colour because the pack was in his way (black was on the green spot), so what does he do? Simple, pot the red and jump over the pack :hororr:

Don't think I've ever see a shot like that before, and certainly not at such a stage in a match.
                            Yeah, it was a clever solution to the problem and gutsy.
                            "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
                            - Linus Pauling

Comment

• well done Poomjaeng, enjoy the moment, lets hope you have a good match against white

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                                Just noticed a shot of Poomjaeng when watching the match again on the BBC highlights show, that I missed the significance of when I saw it live. A red to the corner pocket, but no way out onto a colour because the pack was in his way (black was on the green spot), so what does he do? Simple, pot the red and jump over the pack :hororr:

i think the first to do that shot was Steve Davies in the eighties, at the time the ref didn't know to call a foul or not as no one had ever done that before and there wasn't a rule for it, the ref had to consult to check the rules and they deemed it a legal shot as they were nothing in the rules book that said it wasn't.

very rarely has anyone attempted to do this in a match till today, the shot take skill and acurate cueing any side would take the cueball off line because of the downward striking.

well done Poomjaeng

Comment

Working...
                                X