X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rane
    replied
    Originally Posted by cueman View Post
    You're right I've never played in a UK or WC final but this is early on in the final. The nerves shouldn't really be coming into it yet. Murphy is playing well he's just had an awful and I mean awful run of the ball, not only bad luck on his behalf but Selby has been massively lucky.

Cast your mind back 12 months to Trump vs Allen. Hardly a ball missed, one chance clearance, frame after frame after frame. Two truly top talents who deserved to reach the final because they were the best two players. Here we have two players who have largely rode their luck to be there.
    And by the way I've played lots of matches in pro-ams and leagues and know that pressure plays a part in the game but these guys are professional and honestly shouldn't be missing these balls. Hendry must be wondering why he hung up his cue!
    If the difference between Trump/Allen and Selby/Murphy really were as big as you make it sound, Selby and Murphy would never ever be able to make it to the final.

Leave a comment:

• Giggity1984
    replied
    Originally Posted by cueman View Post
    You're right I've never played in a UK or WC final but this is early on in the final. The nerves shouldn't really be coming into it yet. Murphy is playing well he's just had an awful and I mean awful run of the ball, not only bad luck on his behalf but Selby has been massively lucky.

Cast your mind back 12 months to Trump vs Allen. Hardly a ball missed, one chance clearance, frame after frame after frame. Two truly top talents who deserved to reach the final because they were the best two players. Here we have two players who have largely rode their luck to be there.
    And by the way I've played lots of matches in pro-ams and leagues and know that pressure plays a part in the game but these guys are professional and honestly shouldn't be missing these balls. Hendry must be wondering why he hung up his cue!
    I agree with the comment about last season's final.

Leave a comment:

• trains
    replied
    Originally Posted by Rane View Post
    Selby´s very lucky not to be 2 frames down. They both make too many mistakes, but I favor Murphy at the moment as he makes fewer mistakes.
    I count it as it should be 8-2 to Selby now but that has nothing to do with putting £5 on him to win 10-4.

Leave a comment:

• cueman
    replied
    Originally Posted by Giggity1984 View Post
    You are joking right? I'm guessing you've never played the game with any pressure on EVERY shot? Seriously, they are both class players. Murphy has had his fair share of luck in the past too. Nerves do funny things. Perhaps snooker isn't a sport you should watch if you don't like luck or nerves playing a part in the outcome.

Leave a comment:

• Rane
    replied
    Selby´s very lucky not to be 2 frames down. They both make too many mistakes, but I favor Murphy at the moment as he makes fewer mistakes.

Leave a comment:

• Giggity1984
    replied
    You are joking right? I'm guessing you've never played the game with any pressure on EVERY shot? Seriously, they are both class players. Murphy has had his fair share of luck in the past too. Nerves do funny things. Perhaps snooker isn't a sport you should watch if you don't like luck or nerves playing a part in the outcome.

Leave a comment:

• cueman
    replied
    This is just shocking stuff. How can we have a number one in the world who is so poor and lucky? Its a travesty for snooker that this guy is masquerading as the best player in the world.

Leave a comment:

• cueman
    replied
    Originally Posted by Masterdoctorgenius View Post
    and this black

how did it drop in

lucker
    Yep, I knew it from the comeback against Robertson where he rode his luck in that match too, his name is on the trophy. Its a shame that luck plays such a massive and vital part in this game at times.

Leave a comment:

• Masterdoctorgenius
    replied
    and this black

how did it drop in

lucker

Leave a comment:

• cueman
    replied
    OMG the flukey clown is back, bang in trouble hit the red down the table came back up hit another red into the middle and now in with a chance to win frame. This is just unbelievable luck in every frame.

Leave a comment:

• coomsey76
    replied
    What a great steal from Murphy.... brillant clearance!!

Leave a comment:

• cueman
    replied
    If ever I needed to prove that Selby was lucky that miss hit when he could clearly see the side of the pack and hitting the black scattering the reds and coming out without leaving a pot is just taking the ****. Then off a good safety from Murphy he can see a red and pots it.

Justice is done though, terrific clearance from Murphy. 5-4
    Last edited by cueman; 9 December 2012, 08:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• coomsey76
    replied
    Pretty fair session I would say 4-4..... some great potting from Murphy, we should be for a tight 11 frames tonight!!

Leave a comment:

• PatBlock
    replied
    That's set things up nicely for tonight then, just what we wanted (well, maybe not all of us).

There was some astonishing potting from Murphy again, he's looking more like his world championship winning self than I've seen in a long time, and some digging deep from Selby, who's clearly far from his best ATM, par for the course so far. It'll be interesting to see which of the two contrasting styles comes out on top at the end of it all. Can't wait. :biggrin:
    Wouldn't it be great if we go all 11 frames in as well.

-

Leave a comment:

• SouthPaw
    replied
    C'mon the ginger assassin knock this clown out!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X