2014 Wuxi Classic Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by dieselman147 View Post
    think he'll find its a different ball game against the top pro's. hope it doesnt put him off too much!
    He just keeps gifting Stephen chances. He can't figure out how to lay a good safety so tries to pot his way out of trouble, misses and then leaves Stephen in. An easy match for Maguire.

Comment

must be a real challenge for him and he sure is
      taking on some difficult shots. good experience
      to play Maguire tho.

Comment

yeah hes plenty to learn but this is the only way.
        2013/2014 Season Event Predictor Winner!

Comment

Everybody new on the tour is going to get a few hammerings to start with. Pagulayan could hardly have been given a worse draw. It's all a learning experience after all.
          Whoever said "Winning isn't everything; it's the only thing" was an arsehole.

Comment

2014 Wuxi Classic Qualifiers

pagulayan is out of his depth when it comes to safety.
            He seems to be a very good potter and could be exciting to watch but when he misses he is in big trouble because his safety is truely awful.

but i guess it is a learning curve and he may well improve on his safety with time

Comment

Alex taught a tough lesson by Mags. He's safety play is going to have to significantly improve.

Comment

A good lesson for Alex today for sure. He has a lot of work to
                do but today will help him see what it will be like in the big
                leagues against world class players.

Comment

Originally Posted by robertmac View Post
                  A good lesson for Alex today for sure. He has a lot of work to
                  do but today will help him see what it will be like in the big
                  leagues against world class players.
                  Yes. And Mags was playing well today. Made every shot count. When he plays like that it makes you wonder why he hasn't achieved more in the game.

Comment

had him down as a potential world champ in the past but somethings missing there and just cant put my finger on it.
                    2013/2014 Season Event Predictor Winner!

Comment

never seen alex play snooks before so i was looking forwards to this today. i really liked the way he bounded around the table, reminded me of another alex. but i thought he was going to look more polished like a proper snooker player. i only saw one frame because i kinda knew he'd not much to bring to the table, i just knew he was gonna break down or loose the white..
                      if he didn't know before he does now, there no winging it with these lads so, he's got a lot of work to do in a good, positive training camp.
                      i hope he gets his head down because he's fresh air

Comment

had him down as a potential world champ in the past but somethings missing there and just cant put my finger on it.
                        Yes. I can't figure it out either. He's got everything he needs. An amazing long game, tight white ball control, great safety play and an aggressive killing instinct. Odd.

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                        never seen alex play snooks before so i was looking forwards to this today. i really liked the way he bounded around the table, reminded me of another alex. but i thought he was going to look more polished like a proper snooker player. i only saw one frame because i kinda knew he'd not much to bring to the table, i just knew he was gonna break down or loose the white..
                        if he didn't know before he does now, there no winging it with these lads so, he's got a lot of work to do in a good, positive training camp.
                        i hope he gets his head down because he's fresh air
                        Looks like a pool player trying to play snooker. He's got some way to go.

Comment

His temperament?
                          #Age: 22 HB#: 82 #Cue: Mike Wooldridge Vintage Cue # Tip: Mike Wooldridge BlackSpin #Best performance in tournament: Semi-final in an "open to all" Swedish tournament 2015, Swedish U16 tournament champion October 2007 #Current rank in Sweden: 15

Comment

Originally Posted by DG GIBERT View Post
                            just watching the ref putting the balls away at the interval for the table cleaners, it seems that they are TC but not pro 1G ??
                            I did not see this, but remember 1G are still TC (Tournament Champions) but the set weight variance is within 1g.
                            Normal TC sets are 3g variance.
                            Did you see a Blue box instead of the ali case?
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                              ....Normal TC sets are 3g variance....
                              Up to !
                              in reality mine were all the same anyway, i think this is just sales hype and no real need to buy them

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                                Up to !
                                in reality mine were all the same anyway, i think this is just sales hype and no real need to buy them
                                yep, upto
                                my set is 2g
                                as you say good hype, also, I have read that the ali case is not that cop either a good case could be worth the difference
                                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X