No announcement yet.

1977 UK Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was this the one Virgo won? No that was 79 I think? Good work on the research, nice to see some genuine research.

Comment

Thanks. Patsy Fagan won in 77.

Comment

Patsy Fagan, of course! Thanks. Was it Perrie Mans in 78 from memory? Or am I making that up?

Comment

Originally Posted by Tone View Post
          UPDATE: It took a while but I finally found the prize money from a search of the British Newspaper Archive.
          Total: £7,000; W: £2,000; RU: £1,400; SF: £800: QF: £300; 2R: £100
          Source: Manchester Evening News, p3. 15.10.77.
          Many thanks for finding that detail
          I have added SF down to CueTracker.
          I have also removed this gap off my to-do list
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by FredDavis'Leg View Post
            Patsy Fagan, of course! Thanks. Was it Perrie Mans in 78 from memory? Or am I making that up?
            Doug Mountjoy won in 78. Mans won the Masters in 79 which is what you might be thinking of. I don't think Mans could enter the UK Championship at that time due to not being a UK resident.

Comment

Originally Posted by Tone View Post

Doug Mountjoy won in 78. Mans won the Masters in 79 which is what you might be thinking of. I don't think Mans could enter the UK Championship at that time due to not being a UK resident.
              Ah yes thanks, that makes sense. I liked Mans, he was a bit of an unorthodox style as I remember shot wise, not necessarily technically though he was a leftie in an era of I think a lot more
              right handed successful players.

Comment

Working...
              X