Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1990 World Semi-Final : Footage anywhere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 World Semi-Final : Footage anywhere?

Hi

There's a particular reason I am after footage from the semi between Davis and White from 1990. In the first of the four sessions, 147 points were scored in one frame.

White was first in with a 72, taking blacks with 9 reds. He missed the 10th to the left middle. Davis came up and cleared with all blacks of course for 75.

Being the snooker nerd I am, I've got a bee in my bonnet about wanting to see this again.

Any help or ideas ??

Get in touch with Roger lee, he has over 7 hours footage of this match..
    "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

I think Higgins scored 72 and McCuloch got 75 at the crucible but I cant remember which year it was
      2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
      2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

1990 World Semi-final

I have the match

Phil

Comment

Great match, particularly the final session on the Friday afternoon. I remember that Davis was very in and out of form that year and, looking back now, it was the start of the end of his reign as the dominant force. He had a couple of dreadful sessions during that Championship - the second session against Neal Foulds in the quarters before going on to win, and one of the sessions against White as well. He almost staged a brilliant recovery in that match as well but just fell short. A shame in retrospect that it denied a Hendry v Davis final, which really did promise to be a classic.
          G.

Comment

White v Davis 1990 Semi-final

Yes, I taped the 1990 Final as well as 1992, 1993 and 1994 ones. Davis is a great loser though as proven in the interview afterwards

Phil

Comment

Originally Posted by Ezra40 View Post
              Yes, I taped the 1990 Final as well as 1992, 1993 and 1994 ones. Davis is a great loser though as proven in the interview afterwards

Phil
              Hi Phil,

What's the quality like on your matches? Do you have more? I might be interested in getting some from you. Could you PM me?

Comment

1990 World Semi-final

I don't think I can pm you - can you pm me?

Phil

Comment

Originally Posted by Ezra40 View Post
                  I don't think I can pm you - can you pm me?

Phil
                  Oddly enough no, doesn't seem to work, weird. my website is www.ronflorax.com

Comment

@ visionaire, A nice list you have on there......But how can i see the actual footage?
                    Cuemaxx snooker channel on youtube

Comment

Originally Posted by visionaire View Post
                      Oddly enough no, doesn't seem to work, weird. my website is www.ronflorax.com
                      Some good footage here. Any idea's where the 2001 profile of Cliff Thorburn was originally broadcast? Haven't heard of it before.

Comment

Originally Posted by gmg View Post
                        Some good footage here. Any idea's where the 2001 profile of Cliff Thorburn was originally broadcast? Haven't heard of it before.
                        I got it from a Canadian guy, it was done I think for Canadian television.

Comment

Originally Posted by cuemaxx View Post
                          @ visionaire, A nice list you have on there......But how can i see the actual footage?
                          Please e-mail me, the footage is not publicly available.

Comment

^I have send an email to info@ronflorax.
                            Cuemaxx snooker channel on youtube

Comment

Working...
                            X