Tournament Logos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tournament Logos

So the WPBSA have a new board this we know, they have made some changes which the old board of pipe smoking dinner jacket wearing old men would never of done.

But there is still work to be done.

One place where this is apparent more than others is the marketing and brand image of Snooker especially individual events, recent articles in the press have not helped the game at all but it is time to put the old marketing in the bin and start afresh.

Points to note

SEO or Search Engine Optimisation

Type in any of the events into Google but remember to also put the keyword Snooker in or you will get golf events popping up, so yes WorldSnooker.com is the top result, great or is it!

Goto the website and can you find any information about say The World Championship, The Welsh Open or even The Masters? no, there are not direct links to previous events in the season, on the other hand come to TSF and we got an archive going back 5 years, so this really needs to be sorted.

I have been told that the website will undergo a revamp soon but lets hope they archive all the previous material as there are some really good article on there (Which at the moment you can only find if you know the exact URL)

Brand Image

The logos for the events are a bit 1990's probably because this is when they were last revamped, with all the new events on the calendar for next season I can see quite clearly what is going to happen! they will use the old logos form past now non existent events for the new ones, yes this saves money but it does not look good.

Current and past logos

Anybody see a pattern with the last 7 logo's, the one that strikes me is the China Open, this is probably the best one they have and probably designed by The CBSA (Chinese Billiards & Snooker Association)

Now getting the sponsors logo and just slapping the name of the competition on it is no good either, examples below.

I could not find the logo for The Masters but you can see it in this images of Jimmy

But a good example of this was 88.com

I know there are alot more logos out there but these are just examples.

So expect to see some of the above recycled and re-hashed for new events this upcoming season.

I think to give World Snooker a hand we should run a competition to design one of the events a new logo.
    Last edited by ferret; 19 May 2010, 02:07 PM.

Originally Posted by ferret View Post

They have even used the same font for them, what a joke

If you look carefully at welsh, malta, china and irish logos they are the exact same ball with reflections, probably designed by someone who has a copy of photoshop in their offices

never noticed this before, let us all have a go at designing a new logo for the welsh open as i have heard it is being moved to cardiff next year so new venue new logo

Comment

Working...
    X