Snooker Scene online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooker Scene online

Some time ago Snooker Scene said that they were digitising back issues and offered 1971 editions (wasn't it called World Snooker then?) one month to a CD. I'm not sure they ever got round to offering any other years. I would imagine the takeup would have been poor as anyone who wanted to browse through the entire history (if they got round to issuing them) would have to spend a fortune and have a house full of CDs. I don't think having a CD is anything like having a real magazine for "proper reading" but pdf files would be fine for "result searching".

I would have thought the obvious way of generating some revenue would be to put the whole archive online and either get some advertising or charge an annual subscription to access.

Does anyone know Clive Everton to ask if he would consider something along these lines?

As people attempt to compile historical stats, how helpful would it be to be able to access the Snooker Scene archive?

I would subscribe to that....

Comment

His E-mail address is:
      clive.everton@talk21.com

Comment

Yes I think it would be very interesting and helpful to
        fans and statiticians if the whole archive was published
        on the snooker scene website.

I would certainly enjoy regularly looking at it!

Comment

I did try e-mailing before but go no answer. In fairness though, it was around the time of his accident so I have just tried again.

Fingers crossed.

Comment

anyone here can scan all the snooker magazine(snooker scene and cuesport) from 2000 issues to the latest one and put it into a cd?i will buy 200pounds if you can help..thanks

Comment

Ever heard of copyright infringement mate?
              "I tried to be patient, but it took too long"

Comment

just do it privately and not let others know then everything would be fine..isnt it?

Comment

Working...
                X