Steve Davis' first TV 147 break

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Davis' first TV 147 break

I am not sure the video of Steve Davis' first TV 147 break against John Spencer at the Lada Masters in 1982 has been referred to on the Forum before, I have read about it in various threads but not seen it, so I thought I should post it since I stumbled on it this morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwO3Bdh6_8Q

Thanks - it is referred to in my signature, but always worth seeing such an historic frame again! Good post!
    "If anybody can knock these three balls in, this man can."
    David Taylor, 11 January 1982, as Steve Davis prepared to pot the blue, in making the first 147 break on television.

Comment

The building pressure on the final 3 balls is unimaginable. Its the gruelling practice and dedicated application that carried him through. Evident not just on that occasion.
      www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

The long last red is very good - does anyone remember which title Davis won where he jumped up a little and threw his arms back?

I've always seen that celebration but never in context?

Also does anyone have a clip of Willie Thornes famous missed blue?

Comment

Originally Posted by dantuck_7
          The long last red is very good - does anyone remember which title Davis won where he jumped up a little and threw his arms back?

I've always seen that celebration but never in context?

Also does anyone have a clip of Willie Thornes famous missed blue?
          I think it was the 1983 World Final against Cliff Thorburn when he won something like 18-6. The celebrations were a little over the top given it was such an easy win.
          2009 Shanghai Masters Lucky Dip Champion
          2010/11 Overall Prediction Champion

Comment

Hey Nina,

.........thanks for sharing, and I've heard lots about this very famous 147 by Steve at the Lada Masters, but never seen it, nice vid...

Lol......xx
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X