ESPN Classic (Sky Ch 442) 31/12/07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN Classic (Sky Ch 442) 31/12/07

ESPN Classic (Sky Channel 442) will today be showing at different times past footage of snooker.

i dont know if each program is different. ( listed as Snooker : The Greatest 147's) or if its repeated through the day.

[may have been on before, but just thought id post it here in case anyone wants to check it out]

currently showing thorburns 147 v TG

Comment

next up is Kirk Stevens' 147

Comment

The program later this evening is an hour of the 1985 WC Final

Comment

cheers sem, been recording it on my sky plus, its good to watch the old ones

Recorded all the bellies and bullseyes with sid waddell too, its nice to watch eric and jocky on the oche... The good old days of darts

Comment

Originally Posted by Marc View Post
            cheers sem, been recording it on my sky plus, its good to watch the old ones

Recorded all the bellies and bullseyes with sid waddell too, its nice to watch eric and jocky on the oche... The good old days of darts
            lol, no probs Marc

ok, most of the snooker, if not all, is available on youtube, but some of that was taken from old videos. this stufff is good quality, and posted in the hope that anyone who seen the thread who wanted to, taped it.

(and the darts were quality too. memories indeed)

Comment

cool!

does anyone know if there will be more programs? can anyone who recorded it please post it overhere or on the billiards tracker? would be much apreciated.

Comment

On ESPN Classic at 5pm on Saturday it's the 1973 world championships. Apparently, Dennis Taylor v Cliff Thorburn - (just checked on wikipedia this was a 1st round match).

Followed on Sunday at 5pm by highlights of the 1980 championship!
                Last edited by dantuck_7; 3 January 2008, 01:17 AM.

Comment

I'm echoing visionaire's question about recording these matches and uploading them I had ESPN classic some time ago, but not the british version.
                  ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

yeah i dont have access to espn classic anyomore either. id really appreciate a recording ill also trade recordings for dvds from my collection.

Comment

Originally Posted by dantuck_7 View Post
                      On ESPN Classic at 5pm on Saturday it's the 1973 world championships. Apparently, Dennis Taylor v Cliff Thorburn - (just checked on wikipedia this was a 1st round match).

Followed on Sunday at 5pm by highlights of the 1980 championship!
                      The info blurb notes (correctly) that the 1973 WC saw the WC debuts of Thorburn and Taylor. It doesn't actually say that the programme will show their match. It will actually show frames from the Reardon v Charlton final. If it's the show they showed in May, it won't include the final frames.

If the 1980 show is the same one shown in May, it's a decent highlights round-up of the whole tournament fronted by David Vine.

Comment

Snooker line up for january and febuary on ESPN classics.

Sun January 6th 5pm World Snooker Championship, 1980
                        Thu January 10th 5am Ray Reardon: Sporting Greats
                        Sat January 12th 4.55pm World Snooker Championship, 1981
                        Sun January 13th 5pm World Snooker Championship, 1982
                        Sat January 19th 4.55pm World Snooker Final, 1984
                        Sat January 19th 5.25pm World Snooker Final, 1990
                        Sat January 26th 5.25pm World Snooker Final, 1992
                        Sun January 27th 5pm World Snooker Final, 1994
                        Sat February 2nd 5pm World Snooker Championship, 2004
                        Sun February 3rd 4.55pm Snooker: The Greatest 147s

Comment

REMINDER

on ESPN CLASSIC today @ 5pm - 1994 World Snooker Final

Comment

oh cool would love to see this one
                            ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

No snooker on the french ESPN... it sucks !!!!
                              Would have loved to see the 94 world final...

Comment

Working...
                              X