Basic Do's and Dont's in pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic Do's and Dont's in pool

When you are playing snooker in a public snooker club or at your local pub, there is a certain pool table etiquette that has to be followed. Here are some basic do's and don'ts in a public pool hall:
    Don't place your drink on the table. Don't do anything that can break the concentration of the other players as they shoot. Don't scream, even if potting the black ball makes you very happy. Don't make loud conversations Do stay as far as possible from the shooter's line of sight. Do pay attention to the tables nearby. Do use your common sense and basic courtesy.

-----------------------
    Oliviaharis
    socialmediamarketing

Originally Posted by oliviaharis View Post
    When you are playing snooker in a public snooker club or at your local pub, there is a certain pool table etiquette that has to be followed. Here are some basic do's and don'ts in a public pool hall:
    Don't place your drink on the table. Don't do anything that can break the concentration of the other players as they shoot. Don't scream, even if potting the black ball makes you very happy. Don't make loud conversations Do stay as far as possible from the shooter's line of sight. Do pay attention to the tables nearby. Do use your common sense and basic courtesy.

-----------------------
    Oliviaharis
    socialmediamarketing
    Good information, but I think this will be more at home in the 'Pool' section instead of 'Snooker History'!

Comment

Originally Posted by oliviaharis View Post

-----------------------
      Oliviaharis
      socialmediamarketing
      I wish the likes of Rileys snooker clubs would start posting something like this around their clubs. The majority of members seem to have absolutely no idea whatsoever about keeping the noise down. Many of them are so loud and raucous they might as well be at a football match.
      "You can shove your snooker up your jacksie 'cos I aint playing no more!" Alex Higgins.

Comment

Good point, Also I wish they had some table care rules around. In our club, our match table's match cloth that cost the club A LOT and I mean A LOT of money, nearly got ripped and was literally full of chalk dust because some idiots who hadn't a clue what they were doing were messing about on it. It was my pracice table too, and I had just ironed it!!!

Comment

It's kinda funny how there is one standard for pool and another for snooker. My local hall has two rooms, the reception, bar, large tv screen, fruit machines dukebox and pool tables in one and nothing but snooker in the other.*

In the uk as pool has deriverd fom a pub game we have grown up to accept a certain level of noise including music and few think anything of it in the pool room but be noisey in the snooker room and the gaffer will have you out in seconds.

* Fingers crossed the same will apply fom now on as 4 snooker tables have recently been replaced with american pool tables.

Comment

My club does my head in.
            The snooker tables are watched like hawks but the let knobheads do what they like on our match pool table at the weekend.
            Last 6 months since last refurbished: two rips, two pints on it and a ring on the cloth where it's been used as a coaster.
            Well it better get covered for the new season!

Comment

Originally Posted by Watford View Post
              My club does my head in.
              The snooker tables are watched like hawks but the let knobheads do what they like on our match pool table at the weekend.
              Last 6 months since last refurbished: two rips, two pints on it and a ring on the cloth where it's been used as a coaster.
              Well it better get covered for the new season!
              Tell me about it!!! We have our pool tables in the bar area next to the dart board and its our match table. Bloody darts team always use it as a beer mat. Guinness, Ale everything inc fag ends were on it once!!! 2 Weeks after getting reclothed they wrecked it again....so they paid for it. We do have 2 Fullsize snooker tables that are out they way.
              sigpic <---New Website
              Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

The ******* darts team keep moving our table.
                They cover it up but lean on it and cock it up.
                Darts should be banned!

Comment

Originally Posted by Watford View Post
                  The ******* darts team keep moving our table.
                  They cover it up but lean on it and cock it up.
                  Darts should be banned!
                  Here here!!! Its when they sit their fat a$$es on the table, that really bugs me as next home game, suddenly there is a roll that was not there anymore!
                  sigpic <---New Website

Comment

Whatever you do, please have a ferrule on your cue!

I was down at my league match on Tuesday and I was setting the balls up and on the table next to me, two casual players finished and one of them said to his mate "Well I played quite well without a tip".

The metal ferrule will drag and rip the cloth if it contacts it becuase it is rough and possibly sharp and also it will dent the cue ball becuase of the matal again making dents in it, not like a soft (compared to the ferrule) tip.

The table they were playing on was one of the best tables in our club too.

You just see too many of these sort of people these days.

Comment

Right!!! Darts team wrecked our table last Friday. So i grabbed to dartboard tonight and poured Guinness all over it. Looks like a dartboard pillow now
                      sigpic <---New Website

Comment

It's officail we are now at war with the Darters!
                        I will burn the board at our club
                        Have we got any hackers on the forum who can go and saboutage dart forums.

Pool and Snooker players unite!
                        We didn't start this war but by Steve Davis' ginger wig we will finish it.

Watch the news tomorrow for Mark Selby cracking Ray Van Barneveld on the back of the head with a cue. It will happen!!!

Comment

@Watford

Hope you will put the video on youtube!!! Wanna see that when Mark kills a Darter!!!!!

Comment

There is now a ceasefire!
                            We have had our table redone new cloth, pockets, cushions the lot, will not make a move as long as that is alright!
                            But if they dare hurt it

Comment

Found 2 holes about 3mm in diameter on our match table about a foot away from the black spot!...not a happy bunny i can tell you!
                              sigpic <---New Website

Comment

Working...
                              X