Is it actually advantageous to be left handed in snooker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it actually advantageous to be left handed in snooker

here’s the left handed players i’m aware of on the current pro tour , jimmy white mark williams mark king neil robertson liang wenbo judd trump mark allen barry hawkins jack lisowski thepchaiyah un nooh sunni akani daniel wells robbie williams oliver lines elliot slessor zak surety liam highfield luo honghao chang bingyu gao yang bai langning and zhao xintong who looks a likely top 16 player in the not too distant future , that amounts to 22 , 1 in 6 , not small .

Or possibly is it that left handed young players while good and keen possibly get spotted or promoted more because they’re lefties , thoughts.....
    Last edited by trains; 19 November 2020, 08:15 PM.

Not sure it’s an advantage, just coincidence ?? What about those right handed players who can play left handed and vice versa! To me that is a bigger advantage, being able to play with both hands! The weirdest one for me are the lefties who play right handed when using the rest! What’s that all about?

Comment

i forgot andy hicks , another so thats 23 .

Comment

Lefties rule ....and I'm not saying that because I’m in a union either

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post
          Lefties rule ....and I'm not saying that because I’m in a union either
          You're correct, we do rule
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

maybe its some kind of precision thing you lot think you've got then , i know its another sport but is rafael nadal actually the goat ?

Comment

Might not be better players but seem to be incredible potters. Pierre Mans! Might just be a statistical anomaly.

Comment

Left handed people have a dominant right hemisphere in the brain, that deals with creativity. They also have better connections between both hemispheres than right handed people.
                For me though , I've always thought I had an adavantge in some sports because I faced right handed players all the time so had to get used to it but right handed players rarely faced a lefty, so it was strange for them. Even in snooker I had to get used to where righties would leave the cue ball on the table so got used to the awkward shots but they aren't used to where I leave the ball. A quick example is if you pot a red and don't have a colour and have to play safe, most righties will knock the Green onto the side Cush , to make a clearance more awkward for another righty but when playing me it should really be the yellow they do it with but they aren't used to thinking like that.

Comment

*note to self, knock the yellow safe when playing a left hander! *

Comment

Gerard greene and Fraser Patrick on here , 25 , 25 out of 128 is 19.5 % , i googled that 15 % of males are left handed so its no big difference i suppose , interesting about safety i think players on safety’s in the pro’s should aim the white more often for the yellow or green pockets particularly when the reds are cluttered and there’s no direct pot on , even from the D , just to throw your opponent off balance and the chance of angling .

Comment

Don’t think cue makers will agree ,as you never see any left handled cues for sale .

Comment

Tony meo was as well ( yesteryear ) of course , something for the aesthetical quality again perhaps , simon bedford more recently .

Comment

2 Lefties together when i played Tony Meo ........well....when i say play ......i actually mean ......watch !!!! Great to learn from .

It's been said before , there is something different about watching a left handed player ......they look quite natural in my opinion ...Dart Players & Golfers included .
                          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

I thought lefties would look awkward to righties. I'm quite surprised to hear we don't. I play golf right handed and lefties make me feel queasy even though I'm left handed.
                            Last edited by itsnoteasy; 20 November 2020, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                              I thought lefties would look awkward to righties. I'm quite surprised to hear we don't. I play golf right handed and lefties make me feel queasy even though I'm left handed.
                              Aye, thats just because the clubs are cheaper!
                              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
                              X