Shotclock sounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by mr.f View Post

I used freesound.org for free sound samples (non-commercial usage only) and some free websites to read text and convert to mp3. Can provide you the samples, if you still need them.
    Already have all i needed, thanks.
    We will try out the software end of October at our club, if all goes well.

Comment

Originally Posted by Delphi View Post

Already have all i needed, thanks.
      We will try out the software end of October at our club, if all goes well.
      a year later... have you tried it? Does it work?

my contribution so far is a (non-responsive) website, that does cover the basic functions, but does not work well on mobile and even worse on iOS and does not support my designed one-button-usage:
      look at this incredible work!

I want to do it again, getting rid of many of the known issues, have it responsive to users screensize and orientation and operatable with one click of the mouse after the frame has started (to pause shotclock, press and hold a button, to restart release the button). A lot to do, for someone with no experience in Javascript, so if someone here is willing to support me with it, I'd love to go on.

I even have a Raspberry Pi and a 10" monitor, as soon as the website works, I will set up the pi to autostart into that in full screen mode and have it used with a mouse. All housed in a wooden box, maybe connected with some red indicator light. Would be a moveable Shotclock then.

Comment

I responded to your private message, i can look into it coming weekend and send it but be aware this is a Windows application so it will only run on a windows pc/laptop.

Comment

By the way:
          I fixed my initial try to be responsive, it should work on most mobile devices as well as on desktop PC. Reduced it a lot to only the basic functionalities (Start Frame, Reset Frame, Start Shotclock, Pause Frame), so no stopping possible anymore of the shotclock, you would just need to click it more often.

https://shotclock-v3.netlify.app/

Still, the sounds only work on non-iOS devices, I have no idea why. I will try to save the files differently, but this is try&error, cannot find anything to this issue.

It is designed as progressive web app, so saving it to the desktop should run it in fullscreen mode. At least for iPhones this works, cannot test it on Android.

If you could give me a feedback on useability, I would really appreciate it. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
          X