No announcement yet.

Problems making a competition listing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems making a competition listing.

Hello chaps,

We have a competition running at the club and 12 players have entered. I am wondering how to make up the template for the games. If I had 16 players I could do the normal 8 - 4 -2 - final but I am a bit lost by only having the 12.

If anyone can offer me a guide, it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

You need eight players left to get you on track. So you have four byes and four first round matches which will give you eight players in the second round( the four winners and the four byes).
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Thank you itsnoteasy. How do I deal with this when I have 8 of the players who are seeded? I was thinking that I could put all 8 seeds into the hat and, draw the first 4 out and split them across the 4 games as per their seed ranking. The other 4 seeds could go into the second bank of 4 games, also listed according to their seed rating. The 4 non-seeded players could be put into the hat and then drawn against the first bank of 4 seeded players. The winners of these games then progress to the second bank of games. I think that the seeding system should work OK using this method but, it means that 4 of the seeded players will each play one more match than the others.

If you can understand what I have tried to say, what are your thoughts?

Thanks for trying to help.

Comment

Don’t see a problem with a seeded player playing more games. More chance for them to lose!

Comment

We do the same in our group and if you plan to run these comps regularly the byes eventually even out over time.
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Two groups of six players, the eight seeds can be split four into each group, all play each other round robin and the top players in each group play each other in the final.
            Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
            but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
              Two groups of six players, the eight seeds can be split four into each group, all play each other round robin and the top players in each group play each other in the final.
              That's ok if you have a few tables, or aren't running it over one day. If it's a one day tournament on one or two tables , that's 31 matches to get through,quite a push to get it done.

Comment

Originally Posted by bluenose1940 View Post
                Thank you itsnoteasy. How do I deal with this when I have 8 of the players who are seeded? I was thinking that I could put all 8 seeds into the hat and, draw the first 4 out and split them across the 4 games as per their seed ranking. The other 4 seeds could go into the second bank of 4 games, also listed according to their seed rating. The 4 non-seeded players could be put into the hat and then drawn against the first bank of 4 seeded players. The winners of these games then progress to the second bank of games. I think that the seeding system should work OK using this method but, it means that 4 of the seeded players will each play one more match than the others.

If you can understand what I have tried to say, what are your thoughts?

Thanks for trying to help.
                Yeah, they are seeded, not privileged make some play an extra round.
                Or seed all twelve players , one through twelve, and no one can complain.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                  Or seed all twelve players , one through twelve, and no one can complain.
                  ROFL!!! thanks for the laugh, I needed that!
                  snooker players down a club "not complaining" about something??? really?

they will complain about their seeding, they will complain if you do a full random selection, whatever you do, "someone" will complain
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

ROFL!!! thanks for the laugh, I needed that!
                    snooker players down a club "not complaining" about something??? really?

they will complain about their seeding, they will complain if you do a full random selection, whatever you do, "someone" will complain
                    Ha! Very true Dean, very true.

Comment

Did you stick my one up? You put that score on the wrong player!? I'm on top because I broke? I'm on top? No we keep the home team on top.......etc etc etc. Lolz!
                      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
                      X