Todays match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todays match

I was just watching the recording of the Williams Robertson match and just as Robertson put the penultimate red over the yellow pocket, the bloomin' recoding stopped.

Anyone know where I can get to see it now,? I've looked on Catch-Up and on iPlayer but it's not there yet.

Try U-tube.

Comment

Plays over on Europsport. Will be on again tomorrow morning.
      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Hi all, sorry to be that person who joined just to ask a question, but...

During this match and specifically that red/black/pocket scenario, I realised that I didn't know how something could feasibly play out, and needed to seek a higher power.

If Mark had played an ungentlemanly deliberate foul, hitting the red, potting the black AND forcing the red into the pocket with topspin, would that have been a valid shot choice? 7 point penalty, but removing 8 points from the table at the same time. The red can't be respotted so...?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Yes, I don't think there is anything in the rules that would allow the referee to sanction a player in such a situation, apart from the generic "unsporting conduct". I doubt it would apply to a deliberate foul though. This hypothetical situation has been brought up many times in the past, but the rules have not been updated to address it, which suggests to me that a deliberate foul is a perfectly valid shot choice. Would be easy to remove this exploit, just penalise the player 8 points if they take a red off the table.

Comment

Thank you!

It's an interesting gap in the rules...

Comment

Originally Posted by bluenose1940 View Post
              I was just watching the recording of the Williams Robertson match and just as Robertson put the penultimate red over the yellow pocket, the bloomin' recoding stopped.

Anyone know where I can get to see it now,? I've looked on Catch-Up and on iPlayer but it's not there yet.
              In the future mate record the programme following the snooker just in case the match overuns, also record the snooker programme that follows immediately on another channel for the same reason. My pvr records strictly to time schedules on the prgramme guide so this is what I have to do when recording a live event.
              Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
              but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Working...
              X