Do they still have the long stuff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do they still have the long stuff?

I was just wondering if they still have the half-butt and full-butt cues under the table on the television tournaments. I know probably hardly anyone would need them. But I just wondered if they are still available. Thanks.

Wow. Thanks for all the fantastic answers, guys. Not even one single yes or no. Don't worry about it. I ask a pro player and he told me the answer.

By the way, is there another snooker forum that's more lively than this one?

Comment

That is poor and sorry, i personally didn't respond bcas i wasn't entirely sure TBH, i believe they are now redundant as the extendable rests are preferred and most players have their own long cue extns.

If you take a look on snooker island forum I think you'll be back here pretty quick as its like a zoo full of kids. AZ billiards can be useful.. but not much fun.
      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Apologies from me also. Likewise didn’t respond as I wasn’t sure of answer. Still got them in my club tho as it’s typical old snooker club minus the tobacco smoke lol
        Welcome to the forum btw. Stick around. It ain’t that bad.

Comment

Missed the OP soz 🙃
          what did the pro say?
          I believe that they do have the long cues under the table as an option but most players either have their own screw in extensions or use the push on extension also available under the table so rarely see the fishing rods any more 😁
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            Missed the OP soz 🙃
            what did the pro say?
            I believe that they do have the long cues under the table as an option but most players either have their own screw in extensions or use the push on extension also available under the table so rarely see the fishing rods any more 😁
            Yes we still have them at our club and I refer to them as 'Carp Rods'.

They are pretty much redundant now though as I convinced the committee to let me purchase the new extendables. Having said that, there are a couple of members that I am aware of that still use the fishing rods!

Comment

Originally Posted by bluenose1940 View Post

Yes we still have them at our club and I refer to them as 'Carp Rods'.

They are pretty much redundant now though as I convinced the committee to let me purchase the new extendables. Having said that, there are a couple of members that I am aware of that still use the fishing rods!
              At the club, all the old fishing rods cues and rests are under one table as now each table (we have three) has two "modern" telescopic long cues and rests that are less floppy than the old stuff.
              I have a screw-in tele-extension in my case so if I need the extra reach I only use the table's tele-long rest and use my own cue
              Last edited by DeanH; 9 November 2022, 03:50 PM.
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
              X