legal or not????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• legal or not????

for arguments sake you are down to the colours and are awarded a free ball [ball on is the yellow] you nominate and play lets say the pink ,however some how the yellow ball gets potted [no other balls are potted and the ball nominated was played.is this a foul shot? in the same situation you nominate the pink ball but miscue and miraculously hit the yellow again is this a foul shot? sorry to be so sad but what else to do on a snowy sunday eve.seriously i would be interested in your thoughts

the first scenario is legal from what i know. the pink becomes an extra yellow so playing the pink into the yellow is fine.
    nominating pink and not hitting it at all my be a different matte even if the yellow is struck. not sure though
    Fantasy Game Overall Winner 09/10 - World Championship 2009 Fantasy Game Winner - Seasonlong Prediction Contest Overall Winner 09/10 - Seasonlong Prediction Contest Runner-Up 08/09 - UK Championship 2010 Prediction Contest Winner - Rileys @ Chorlton Pool Team Merit Winner 07/08, 09/10:snooker:

Comment

Answered on this thread:
      http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ad.php?t=15863

Your first scenario is not a foul (assuming nothing else happened resulting in a foul). 2 points scored.

2nd scenario is a foul. 4-point penalty
      "If anybody can knock these three balls in, this man can."
      David Taylor, 11 January 1982, as Steve Davis prepared to pot the blue, in making the first 147 break on television.

Comment

Are you sure the second scenario would be a foul? Because if I nominated pink, the pink would "turn into" another yellow just to ease up my situation after an opponent's foul so if I miscue and hit the original yellow which was hard to get on, I dont think it would be a foul. But maybe im wrong. Im not THAT good with the rules .

Comment

Originally Posted by Z-E-N-I-T View Post
          Are you sure the second scenario would be a foul? Because if I nominated pink, the pink would "turn into" another yellow just to ease up my situation after an opponent's foul so if I miscue and hit the original yellow which was hard to get on, I dont think it would be a foul. But maybe im wrong. Im not THAT good with the rules .
          You can find the rules here:
          http://www.worldsnooker.com/rules_of_snooker.htm

And yes, your 2nd scenario would be a foul if you hit the yellow before the nominated pink. Section 3, Rule 10 (b) "It is a foul if the cue-ball should
          (i) fail to hit the nominated ball first, or first simultaneously with the ball on."
          David Taylor, 11 January 1982, as Steve Davis prepared to pot the blue, in making the first 147 break on television.

Comment

There we go... ok, thanks!

Comment

Originally Posted by davis_greatest View Post
              Answered on this thread:
              http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ad.php?t=15863

Your first scenario is not a foul (assuming nothing else happened resulting in a foul). 2 points scored.

2nd scenario is a foul. 4-point penalty

I think the 2nd scenario would be a 6-point penalty because Pink was your nominated ball and it was a foul stroke.
              "We have met the enemy and he is us" - Pogo

Comment

Originally Posted by tallguy View Post
                I think the 2nd scenario would be a 6-point penalty because Pink was your nominated ball and it was a foul stroke.
                It is a 4-point penalty because the nominated pink is a free ball and acquired the value of the yellow.

Comment

Working...
                X