Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member From Canada

First post...hello everyone!

I haven't played snooker in 30 years but I purchased a new cue the other day and I'm ready to go again. My experience (30 years ago) was that all of the snooker tables had the pro pockets. That may have changed since then but it was true then. Maybe someone from Canada can chime in.

Cheers!
    -- Bill --
    Cheers,
    -- Bill --

Comment

all pockets are certainly not the same, me and my friends started playing on table 11 in our club, but the cloth got ripped by some idiot so we started playing on table 5. Table 5 is what i consider a "normal" snooker table, because certain shots that shouldn't pot (but do on 11) dont. For instance you could even hit both jaws of the middle pocket and still pot the ball. I was a bit disheartened with being absolutely terrible last week, so we moved to a different table, not knowing we were moving to the match table... The pockets on this table are even tighter and if you hit the jaws the ball basically won't go in. Infuriating at times but to be honest i think it made us think about our shot selection more. Problem is our highest breaks dropped quite dramatically!
      sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

If anyone is interested, here's a picture of what I think is the pocket of a
        tournament match table. Not 100% sure though...
        Attached Files

Comment

i would say thats a regular club table i quite often played on a local pros table wayne brown which was a x tv table steel block cusions under table heating and the tightest pockets i have ever seen the angles are cut different and there is no shaved lip on the fall of the bed.

Comment

Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
            i would say thats a regular club table i quite often played on a local pros table wayne brown which was a x tv table steel block cusions under table heating and the tightest pockets i have ever seen the angles are cut different and there is no shaved lip on the fall of the bed.
            ste bed...

Do you know if the tables we see in The Masters and other tournaments have under-table heating?

Thanks.

=o)

Noel

Comment

table heaters

Yes the tables at the Masters would have under table heaters.

Comment

Originally Posted by noel View Post
                ste bed...

Do you know if the tables we see in The Masters and other tournaments have under-table heating?

Thanks.

=o)

Noel
                i am not 100% sure but i think they have under table heating at ever major tournament it helps keep the table running quick.

Comment

This cannot be a tournament match table pocket because it is definately not a steel-block cushion.
                  I am also looking for tournament table pocket images shot from above the pockets.

If any one has this kind of images please share with me. An e-mail at altafhasn@hotmail.com would be mush appreciated!

Comment

I maked a analysis of my local snooker club pockets.
                    On yellow its the "oficial" template, on magenta the actual cut, its 2,2cm larger on the stone.. thats makes really hard to pot. Very good players strugle to make 50.

They are fixing that soon, i hope.

Last edited by mazur; 7 February 2011, 10:43 PM.

Comment

I play mostly in working mens clubs in the north of england where most of the tables are old tight billiard tables and ill tell you this much we often see shots go in on television that wouldnt have a prayer on our tables.. then denis taylor pipes up with these tables are a lot tighter than your club tables.. B****ks we all shout at the tv.. he came to do an exhibition at one of our clubs shortly after he won the world championship and hardly won a game all night his highest break being 43 pah!

Comment

Working...
                      X