MW Q-Lac Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MW Q-Lac Advice

Anyone able to offer advice on how to apply the Q-Lac oil, what is it like? My Ton Praram with Amboyna butt has lost its lustre

it pretty much works like a wax, so do what you'd normally do with wax

Comment

I don't know the oil itself but sure it is much like all others; one tip I would say is try to use as little as possible (you may be surprised how far a little will go); so apply a little with kitchen paper towel evenly over the cue. Leave for a minute or two, wipe off the whole cue to remove any excess; allow to dry. Buff with more kitchen towel, and buff some more

Please be aware all oil/wax will dull with time and use and the lustre will go
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Take off the old finish with 0000 grade steel wool soaked in IPA or white spirit (or the new oil will not penetrate into the wood) then dry the butt with a soft cloth. Apply the oil and leave for 30 minutes and take off any excess with a dry cloth, repeat this for the next three days and then leave the oil to cure for a couple of days. Once the oil cures no new oil or wax can penetrate further into the wood, I re-oil my cue every year by doing this (shaft as well) as it keeps the wood supple and protects it from drying out.
        Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
        but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

I bought a Q-Lac from MW and it looks, smells and work exactly the same as Lord Sheraton wood bsalm the original version. I even contact MW and told him, he neither dispute or agreed. Its possible the same material readjusted with additional pine turpentine to give the guy the benefit of a doubt that it is indeed a "secret formula".

Comment

Working...
          X