World Masters Snooker Tournament - Golden Ball Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Masters Snooker Tournament - Golden Ball Question

Watching this new tournament and want to know can a player attempt the 'Golden Ball' if he has made a 147 from starting with a free ball, following a foul from his opponent, assuming all 15 reds are still on the table? (e.g. free ball then yellow, red then brown, then the remaining 14 reds with blacks, followed by the six colors. = 147). Or must it be the traditional way of 15 reds, 15 blacks and then the six colors?
    You are only the best on the day you win.

Originally Posted by DawRef View Post
    Watching this new tournament and want to know can a player attempt the 'Golden Ball' if he has made a 147 from starting with a free ball, following a foul from his opponent, assuming all 15 reds are still on the table? (e.g. free ball then yellow, red then brown, then the remaining 14 reds with blacks, followed by the six colors. = 147). Or must it be the traditional way of 15 reds, 15 blacks and then the six colors?
    I believe that it must be a maximum not a break of 147, so 15 Reds & Blacks & Colours
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Could the golden ball be a legitimate free ball following a foul / miss?

Comment

Originally Posted by FredDavis'Leg View Post
        Could the golden ball be a legitimate free ball following a foul / miss?
        I would say not, as they stipulate that the Golden ball can only be potted legally as the last ball after a maximum.

Also if it is fouled, it is only 4 penalty points.

Comment

what happens if it gets moved during a frame is it replaced or does it stay where it is?
          If they introduced 5 gold balls on the baulk cushion in the league it would help my safety game haha

Comment

Originally Posted by SamP420 View Post
            what happens if it gets moved during a frame is it replaced or does it stay where it is?
            If they introduced 5 gold balls on the baulk cushion in the league it would help my safety game haha
            LOL

If just moved by impacts with other balls, no foul and it would be played where it comes to rest.

Comment

I wonder if a 167 is made, it will count towards a player's 147 stats officially... ?? 🤔
              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

not really sure it has to be a 147, but a maximum break, you could make a 147, 16 red clearance, that wouldn't count but a155 is counted as a maximum and obviously that's not a 147, so I don't see why not.
                Edited to add, it will be interesting if they miss the golden ball if that's included in their maximum break stats.
                Last edited by itsnoteasy; 5 March 2024, 08:58 PM.
                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                  not really sure it has to be a 147, but a maximum break, you could make a 147, 16 red clearance, that wouldn't count but a155 is counted as a maximum and obviously that's not a 147, so I don't see why not.
                  Edited to add, it will be interesting if they miss the golden ball if that's included in their maximum break stats.
                  I guess it has to be a 147 maxi as they are advertising the 167 break on the screens behind the baulk cushion.

Comment

From the reports, a "Golden Ball" is worth 20 points, and remains on the table only if there is a possible 147 on. Once a miss occurs, two reds potted (legally), a non-black color ball is potted, or a foul committed at any time (not involving the Golden Ball being potted or going off the table) following the potting of the initial red ball, the Golden Ball is removed from the table. So the only unanswered question is this: if the Golden Ball is accidentally potted during play, or the ball goes off the table after being struck by another ball, how much is the foul worth? 20 points, which is the amount of points a player would get upon a successful 147 plus potting the Golden Ball, would seem to be a bit steep of a penalty if you ask me. I'm thinking that the actual answer would lie between 4 and 8; 7 being the points for a foul on a black color, but I'm still just guessing.

Comment

Originally Posted by Texas Snooker View Post
                      From the reports, a "Golden Ball" is worth 20 points, and remains on the table only if there is a possible 147 on. Once a miss occurs, two reds potted (legally), a non-black color ball is potted, or a foul committed at any time (not involving the Golden Ball being potted or going off the table) following the potting of the initial red ball, the Golden Ball is removed from the table. So the only unanswered question is this: if the Golden Ball is accidentally potted during play, or the ball goes off the table after being struck by another ball, how much is the foul worth? 20 points, which is the amount of points a player would get upon a successful 147 plus potting the Golden Ball, would seem to be a bit steep of a penalty if you ask me. I'm thinking that the actual answer would lie between 4 and 8; 7 being the points for a foul on a black color, but I'm still just guessing.
                      A 4 points foul.

Comment

Working...
                      X