Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mines 8.8-8.7 mike woolridge super tip

Comment

I generally use 9.5mm Elkmaster (sometimes Blue Diamond)
      Cheers
      Steve

Comment

Moori soft - 9mm elkmaster - Kamui 9.5 - used them all, liked them all, played well with them all - in the end, it comes down to you and what you are comfortable with. I only know one tip type that I hated and couldn't play with - and I am not gonna mention that one, as it may be someones favourite.

Comment

HI I Played with elkmaster blue diamond Talisman but my favourite tip is the Kamui Medium Hard the best tip on the market. John Higgins the World Champion 2011 playes with a Kamui Tip

Cheers Leonard from Montreal Quebec Canada
          Last edited by the montrealer; 3 July 2011, 03:24 AM. Reason: wrong spelling

Comment

I am now using a Kamui MH on a Trevor White with 9.4mm tip. I'm finding I really like the tip although it does sound a little odd but that might just be this one tip.

The weirdest experience though. I had ordered 5 x Kamui MH from one supplier (no names) and ended up getting 5 x Mediums so I put one of those on my cue. I then ordered 5 x MH and got them from Stu at GreenBaize, but I continued to play with the Medium and also used it in the Canadian Championships. Then I noticed in practice my game had deteriorated horribly and I was having real trouble making even 5 blacks! So I work on staying still, loosening the grip, slowing the backswing, increasing the front pause and NOTHING seemed to work.

As I had had a lot of miscues with this medium tip I decided it was time to switch to one of the MH I have. When I went to remove the medium it slipped right off the ferrule although there was no chalk underneath it. I installed the MH and I noticed an IMMEDIATE improvement in my practice game at least with the centuries coming back for me.

I don't know if anyone has expereienced this before or not, but if you're having trouble and can't figure it out and try everything maybe just changing the tip (and of course doing all the other right things) might help.

Terry
            Terry Davidson
            IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Terry,

I had the same problem couple of days ago. I couldn't make 15 break,and started to change my techique,but nothing seemed to work. Then I have decided to change the tip and my game went up from 15 to 30-40 break in 1 day. Everything improved dramatically in only couple of hours. Amazing... From my experience the most consistant tips are pro granite and kamui tips. Kamui tips perhaps provide a bit more spin but I can't justify 25 euro per tip (that is the price here in Serbia),as I don't believe it is 10 times better then the pro granite ones.. I am currently using Pro Granite on a Robin Cook cue with 9.7mm tip.
              You cannot improve your game if you don't have a cue and snooker table
              BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

Tiger sniper 13mm trimmed to 11.5 mm fitted on new hybrid cue, not tried it yet though ha ha!!
                I went into a chemist and asked for a deodorant, the assistant said "ball, stick or aerosol", "No, I want it for under my arms!" was my reply.

Comment

Currently using 9.5mm Elkmaster, but really struggling to get on with it (this is my second in under a month. Couldn't stand the first one).
                  Have had delivered today a Kamui 3 pack, (1 Medium tan, 1 Medium black, 1 MH black) Going to put the MH on later, and see how I get on. Also brought some Talisman from ADR147 a couple of days ago, so putting one of these on Dads cue, and will see how it plays as well.
                  I understand what Terry Davidson is saying, as if you have the slightest of doubt in your tip, it will affect EVERY shot you play that isn't centre ball, even doing it subconsciously, and you will not improve until all doubt about it is gone! This is normally the first thing I do if I start miscuing pretty often. Your tip is just as important as the rest of the cue, but the easiest/cheapest to replace and should be looked after.
                  If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

Originally Posted by deant1982 View Post
                    Currently using 9.5mm Elkmaster, but really struggling to get on with it (this is my second in under a month. Couldn't stand the first one).
                    Have had delivered today a Kamui 3 pack, (1 Medium tan, 1 Medium black, 1 MH black) Going to put the MH on later, and see how I get on. Also brought some Talisman from ADR147 a couple of days ago, so putting one of these on Dads cue, and will see how it plays as well.
                    I understand what Terry Davidson is saying, as if you have the slightest of doubt in your tip, it will affect EVERY shot you play that isn't centre ball, even doing it subconsciously, and you will not improve until all doubt about it is gone! This is normally the first thing I do if I start miscuing pretty often. Your tip is just as important as the rest of the cue, but the easiest/cheapest to replace and should be looked after.
                    Now using Kamui MH, 9.5mm. Brilliant tip.
                    If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

tell you what, i went to craftsmans other day, and was thinking which tip to try, as ive gone off talismans, craftsman do their own tips and kamui (along with others) but these were the 2 i wanted to try, but in end they got me to try the phoenix tips they are selling that have just come out, so bought 2 medium at £8 and they gave me a free hard one to try, i put medium on and its brilliant 9.5mm my cue so trimmed down, its very responsive and hasnt lost its shape from when i put it on, and just seems to give a confident and solid contact on cue ball, so they are worth trying for anyone i think!

Comment

Me too! called in at Craftsman for Talisman tips and ended up with Phoenix tips @ £4 each, they are quite hard and require more chalk than say Elkmaster or Blue Diamond but hasn't lost it shape and very little wear, been on for about a month.
                        People say I disagree a lot, but I don't think I do.

Comment

I have an Elkmaster 9.5 on my snooker cue, it did have a laminated tip, not sure of the make, when I got the cue but it was like having a stone on the end, sounded awful, did not hold chalk, and did not give me confidence in my shots. The Elkmaster holds the chalk very well and gives confidence (to me at least) in the shots.
                          I have an Elkmaster also on my pool cue at 8.2mm. I use to use this cue for snooker as well and did very well.
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Kamui 9.8 very good tip but take a little getting used to and it sounds different .but holds its shape and plays well .will keep it on this season .

Comment

Originally Posted by drury1986 View Post
                              ...but in end they got me to try the phoenix tips they are selling that have just come out...!
                              Originally Posted by rongreen View Post
                              Me too! called in at Craftsman for Talisman tips and ended up with Phoenix tips @ £4 each...
                              Hi guys... I presume these Phoenix tips are laminated tips? How do they compare with a Talisman soft in terms of hardness and feel/response?

Btw, bought some Baron tips off ADR147 recently... loving it!!
                              When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Medium Kamui 9.4mm on a TW, think I might try the MH next.

Comment

Working...
                                X