Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chalking My New Cue

Hey all!
    Just a quick kind of newbie question. I have just bought a new Riley BCE Jimmy White cue, and am very happy with it (so far! yet to play it tho). I'm a bit confused with the tip coz it doesnt seem to be holding my green triangle chalk very well. Does it need a bit of playing and compacting through shots before the tip holds the chalk well? Or do I have to prepare the tip before chalking it for the first time? Many thanks guys,
    Chris

Whip the tip off!

You may find that the tip that is on there is a leather tip. If i was you id just whip it off and either get someone to put a Blue Diamond on, or put one on yourself.
    Deep it down the rail :D :D :D

Comment

I agree. But it's also true that sometimes, at first, chalk has difficulties to "enter" the rip. you'll often need one or two practice sessions to have it perfect.
      Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Originally Posted by cudntpotaplant
        You may find that the tip that is on there is a leather tip. If i was you id just whip it off and either get someone to put a Blue Diamond on, or put one on yourself.
        Agree with that Jon. (more of a nodding smiley than any hip thrusting which I now see !)
        Head Still... Follow Through... Keep it Tight... Never Give Up... Ton 'em if you can!

Comment

Working...
        X