my first exhibition match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my first exhibition match

i have been invited by a local club to come and play an exhibition match for them,the members there are mostly retired army officers,im really nervous if i'll be able to show them the stuff they want to see,its my first exhibition,i guess is should just play what i play with a few fancy shots in between.
    RIP NOEL, A TRUE TSF LEGEND.

Maybe you get a copy of 'John Virgo's amazing trick shots' to impress them with. Wish you luck with it & hope all goes well for you.
    "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

yep,should probably do that

Comment

I was just about to ask if you knew any trick shots Good luck with the exibition!
        How about the machine gun... This one is quite good.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIsgO...eature=related
        sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

if i was there i would go to see you. i have never been to an exhibition before. good luck with it, attempt a maximum
          wooooooooo snookerrr

Comment

the best i did in a tournament in a maximum attempt was 96

Comment

well maby this time is your time
              wooooooooo snookerrr

Comment

You could always try that well known trick shot where you get a member of the audience to lay across the table & to get them to place a piece of chalk in there mouth while you rest the black on top of the chalk & pot the black into the top corner pocket. Just a suggestion.
                "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

haha i can see the headlines now "local snooker player khizzy sued for blinding army officer"
                  sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
                    haha i can see the headlines now "local snooker player khizzy sued for blinding army officer"
                    na im good at that ive practised that one before

Comment

To quote something said from 1983...Good luck mate.
                      Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
                      Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

lol. reminds me of a cuemaker i knew once, who was a fantastic carver, who made a 'special' cue for john virgo to use in exhibitions.

he handed it to me. it had a rubber bike handle covering the bottom 6" or so of the butt end, if you know what i mean.

he then explained john would get someone up from the audience, female, and hand them the cue.

the punchline was john would remove the bike handle and in the hand of the female volunteer was a perfectly carved replica of a penis. bell end and all!

twas a work of art. i didnt hold it for long though...

not sure it would be so funny with retired army officers though. navy maybe....
                        The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
                          I was just about to ask if you knew any trick shots Good luck with the exibition!
                          How about the machine gun... This one is quite good.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIsgO...eature=related
                          I've seen that vid before RG but thanks for posting it again ... it is simply amazing and well worth watching over and over again!

simply incredible skill by the young man ... does anyone know if anyone else has done the 15 ball machine-gun?

Comment

it was fun, showed them a few trick shots and played a few frames with the local club champion and made two centuries in 3 frames so they were very happy.

Comment

Originally Posted by khizzy View Post
                              it was fun, showed them a few trick shots and played a few frames with the local club champion and made two centuries in 3 frames so they were very happy.
                              Congratulations, they must have enjoyed themselves ! I would love to see an exhibition like that, but I guess you won´t be coming round next week
                              ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                              "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Working...
                              X