No announcement yet.

Keep shooting after a foul?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes that annoys me, pot a red and your opponent puts 1 on the board then you pot black and they put 7 on...etc

I only notice that though when I am not concentrating and boy does it annoy me, so much so I tend to miss my next shot or at least not get the position I wanted.
    All smelling pistakes (c) my keyboard, I can spell but it can't type

Comment

Originally Posted by bkpaul View Post
      Yes that annoys me, pot a red and your opponent puts 1 on the board then you pot black and they put 7 on...etc

I only notice that though when I am not concentrating and boy does it annoy me, so much so I tend to miss my next shot or at least not get the position I wanted.
      My opponent's girlfriend likes to do that sometimes, and she would ask the boyfriend how many point is the black worth every time I potted a black. Sometimes she would try to spot the ball but of course she needed detailed instruction on where to place it. I enjoy playing them when I feel that I need exercise on concentration to the extreme extent.
      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

By not counting your own score in the break you are open to all sorts of tricks from your opponent. If you ask what your break was then your opponent knows that you don't count your break, or at least not all the time. If your opponent knows that, then you may get a 20 break and they may say it was 15. Or you got 15 and they could say it was 13 and with you not counting your break as you go then you can't disagree and prove that they were wrong. You'd think that opponents wouldn't do that and most of the time they don't but there are cheats that, sadly, play this game. By counting the break as you go you can also remember the shots you played a bit easier so just in case you lose count you can go back and remember the shots you played (for example, red, black, red, blue) and 'regain count' again. It doesn't take away any concentration by counting the break as you don't think about it when down on the shot!

Comment

Yep I've found counting the break to yourself does help concentration. Back on topic slightly. What would happen in the following scenario..

You play a red to the middle and it looks to be sailing into the pocket so you take your vision away from the red and look at your next shot. You play that quickly which is a colour hanging over the pocket.

Unfortunately the red has rolled off with the nap towards the middle. So, this must end your visit. You opponent did try to say something to you, but you were too focussed on getting the colour.

Reading the rules above, the colour should apparently be replaced... Is it a foul???

Comment

Originally Posted by dantuck_7 View Post
            Yep I've found counting the break to yourself does help concentration. Back on topic slightly. What would happen in the following scenario..

You play a red to the middle and it looks to be sailing into the pocket so you take your vision away from the red and look at your next shot. You play that quickly which is a colour hanging over the pocket.

Unfortunately the red has rolled off with the nap towards the middle. So, this must end your visit. You opponent did try to say something to you, but you were too focussed on getting the colour.

Reading the rules above, the colour should apparently be replaced... Is it a foul???
            I would have thought it would be a foul for playing out of turn. It is slightly different from the original scenario which states that when the referee calls FOUL the player's turn ends immediately. In your example, the referee will not have called FOUL (because one has not taken place) and thus the player's turn is not considered to have ended until the referee is satisfied that he has left the table.

This is getting to be a greyer area with every post, though, so I will not state categorically that my mind is never going to be changed, on either situation!

[Edit:] Therefore, the colour would not be replaced.

Comment

Working...
            X