keeping score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keeping score

when playing i'm not adding up my points.should i be?..or is the opponent suppose to keep track.just wondering what's the acceptable behavoir in this area.i always keep track of my opponents when they're shooting but often don't get that in return and then it's a delay figuring it out.

I always keep track of my own score, and say my oponents score out loud after every shot and at the end of the break. I don't play in a league but thats what I always do playing friends. Even if your oponent is counting your score, I find it is best to count yourself in your head as well which leaves no room for mistakes or cheating.
    sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

o.k. RG. that sounds like a good format for me to adopt. i tried to keep my own score before and blamed that fact on my eventual miss thinking it put added weight on my concentration but i think i'll add it to my game as a responsibility regardless.i'll find another excuse for missing.(haha)..

Comment

Well even if you totally trust your oponent, everyone makes mistakes. Which is why I say out loud after each ball, if you go 1, 3, then they interrupt and tell you they potted the green not the yellow it leaves no room for error. I don't find it breaks my concentration at all, its just something I do after every shot.
        sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

yes,i agree.i wasn't sure if it would bothered my opponent if was audible of the score after his every shot so i was updating periodically but i now think after every shot is best if no complaints from my opponent.hopefully i would get this format in return by example but i'm going to get into the habit of counting my own score regarless.in the club i play at some do an audible but most don't and that's why i was wondering what the proper etiquette might be.thanks for helping make a decision on it.

Comment

Working...
          X