Whats your method of focus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats your method of focus?

I just wanted to find out from different people what method they use for getting into the groove during their game?

I'm sure that I won't be alone when I say it takes a few frames to get your eye in.. But...
    I play 1st division snooker and local comp's, with divisional snooker you get 1 frame to play and win for your team!... so does anyone have a good method to really get your eye in and focused concentration within a few shots or maybe even a ritual before hand that pathes the way for lots of confidence and a great game?

I'm fairly new to this forum so apologies if this has been asked loads of times before..

Cheers

Jack Daniels!!!!
    :snooker:
    I try to make sure I sit on my own and keep focused on the game while not playing.
    I now point at every pot from the object ball to make sure I don't rush or miss silly pots.

Comment

Whats your method of focus?

squint. guess. pray.

=o)

Noel

Comment

Whilst I adopt Noels method a more feasible solution would be to get to the club way early and get some practice in. That way you will have loosened up and your eye will be in

The amount of times I used to play golf matches and my opponent was walking back from the 18th green to the 1st tee for the start was unbelieveble. No wonder I kept losing!!

Comment

u should hav won saddler...u r not allowed to do that in golf.... practice before a match on the same course, unless in specified area..

Comment

I also play for my local league and find that whilst you can get in practice whilst playing hom when playing away you have to attempt to warm up on the fly so to speak. Needless to say the home team has the advntage in these circumstances but it is swings and roundabouts. Focussing has also been one of my problems but tend to find somewhere quiet and watch the games to try and settle down.
            You never really learn to swear until you miss an easy shot halfway through a break.:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by subzeer0 View Post
              u should hav won saddler...u r not allowed to do that in golf.... practice before a match on the same course, unless in specified area..
              Guess I should have read the rules book. Didnt think there was any problem in practicing in Matchplay format

Comment

Play 30 mins by myself to free my arm(s depending if I can play some left handed shots as well) and then go do something else (eg darts) then I play really well after that.

Comment

For me the best way to focus is to have a sound pre-shot and cueing routine In my opinion, it's no help trying to focus deliberately but rather trying to reach the focus through doing. I think routines help in this. Between matches I try to relax but also maintain a bit of tension to keep the edge.

Also, 10min of meditation before going to the venue helps to reach a positive frame of mind and to remain calm even if it goes against you. I've noticed it helps if I've decided not to loose my temper.

Keep it simple!

Comment

i play one frame league snooker aswell, its hard to get into the groove, and for that reason i tend to find myself not paying enough attention to the frame...

but to get going i tend to go for an outrageous long pot just to loosen up.. Luckily the premier league standard in my town isnt all that high, only a handful of players capable of making frame winning breaks, so more or less i get away with that method

Comment

Working...
                    X