what date do world champ tickets go on sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what date do world champ tickets go on sale

now then my fellow cue masters , anyone got any ideas regarding the ticket sale dates for world champs ????? sick of ebay ticket touts who dont love the game , just making money off it by ripping us all off ...... :snooker:

The tickets for the worlds normally are on sale via postal application in the first week in december and then from the crucible box office from the 14th feb. Thats been the normal format for the last 8 years of me going. Looking forward to it again this year.

Comment

Originally Posted by Neil2e View Post
      The tickets for the worlds normally are on sale via postal application in the first week in december and then from the crucible box office from the 14th feb. Thats been the normal format for the last 8 years of me going. Looking forward to it again this year.
      nice one mate , ur as star !!!!!!!! looking forward to it !!!!!!

Comment

You can send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to the Crucible now - they will then send you the booking form in early December as soon as it is available. The address is:

World Snooker Box Office
        Crucible Theatre
        55 Norfolk Street
        SHEFFIELD
        S1 1DA

Comment

Originally Posted by The Statman View Post
          You can send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to the Crucible now - they will then send you the booking form in early December as soon as it is available. The address is:

World Snooker Box Office
          Crucible Theatre
          55 Norfolk Street
          SHEFFIELD
          S1 1DA
          What stamps do I have to put on the self-adressed envelope ? I have 2nd class stamps and stamps with a value (43p) printed on. The letter would go to Germany.
          What stamps should I put on the envelope for the tickets (in case I get some ).

Comment

The current standard rate for an airmail letter (up to 20g) to Germany is 56p. Standard Second class stamps are valued at 30p so two of those on one envelope will do. Or you can print your stamps online at royalmail.com

Comment

Thanks a lot for the info !

Comment

Originally Posted by Neil2e View Post
                Neil2e, Any tips on how to get a seat nearer the front? I always seem to end up in row Z!! Been going for 5 years now and never been down the front. My application form is always in as soon as form is available. I phoned the Crucible box office once and they said that the seats are allocated on a purely random basis. BUT I've been watching the Crucible snooker on TV for many years and see the same faces down the front every year. 1)The Aussie guy that wears the fancy ties. 2) The chap that wears all the different football tops.2) The guy with the "BIG HAIR". etc etc Dressing up as Willie Thorne seems to help. Random seat allocation for some folk it most certainly isn't. Any ideas or are you in the same boat??

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
                  Neil2e, Any tips on how to get a seat nearer the front? I always seem to end up in row Z!! Been going for 5 years now and never been down the front. My application form is always in as soon as form is available. I phoned the Crucible box office once and they said that the seats are allocated on a purely random basis. BUT I've been watching the Crucible snooker on TV for many years and see the same faces down the front every year. 1)The Aussie guy that wears the fancy ties. 2) The chap that wears all the different football tops.2) The guy with the "BIG HAIR". etc etc Dressing up as Willie Thorne seems to help. Random seat allocation for some folk it most certainly isn't. Any ideas or are you in the same boat??
                  Those who you refer to are season ticket holders; in the WSA's wisdom they did away with season tickets when Embassy left in 2005 but those who had had season tickets have since been allowed to re-apply for them. There are fewer and fewer of us, though.

After the season tickets are taken care of – that's only about 20 or 30 seats nowadays – it is done purely on an "out-of-the-hat" basis.

Comment

Thanks Statman, that's clarified it for me. I was imagining all sorts of skullduggery going on! I'll send my application off as usual and keep my fingers crossed. It's a real pity they did away with the season tickets. They were good value.

Comment

Another thing; if you're unlucky and don't get the tickets you want, keep ringing the box office daily and seeing if they've got any returns. People do sell tickets back to the box office if they find they can no longer attend, and the box office sell them back to the public as and when it happens.

I have managed to get final tickets in this way just by enquiring at the box office a few days before while I've been passing. When a big name goes out, tickets for what would have been his next match go back in surprising numbers.

Comment

Working...
                      X