Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad contact in snooker and in pool

Hi
    We see a lot of bad contacts in snooker, but in pool? Why does it happens so rarely? I know playing fast games like 8 ball or 9 ball the balls are cleaned on every rack, but in very long games like straight pool where good players run over one hundred of balls? I have never seen the referee cleans the balls or the cueball..

maybe it's got something to do with the 100% Strachan wool cloth? Either this, or it's got something to do with the nap? both of which doesn't exist in a pool table?

Comment

Possibly because American pool balls are heavier than snooker balls and any 'foreign matter' on the balls such as chalk is crushed when the balls contact each other.

Comment

Good cloth
        In Ukraine kicks happen much more often than in snooker
        2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
        2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

I would reckon that, as lk8 said, it's something to do with the fact that there isn't a nap on american pool tables. (At least not the ones that I've seen in England).
          No nap = less friction = less static.

Comment

Every time I've had a kick on a pool table, it was almost always a shot with natural slow forward roll of the cueball, no sidespin. I have about 5 years of pool experience, but honestly can not remember any kicks using a little back spin or side spin on the cueball...

Comment

8 ball (reds and yellows) i get more on a pool table than on snooker tables?

Comment

Working...
              X