Playing so bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing so bad.

Well tonight i finally managed to sign up to a local club to play snooker. Now the cue i currently had was a riley cheap thing out of argos. Its covered in laquar wich doesnt help and i didnt find out until i was ready to play the end was warped. So i carried on playing with it. (it wasnt to badly warped but bad enough). Now im only 20 and today was the first time ive played snooker in nearly 4 1/2 years. And to be honest.. i played absolutly dreadful . My new cue should be here this week ( again only a cheap one ) but it doesnt have the laquared end wich is good. But my point in this thread is can anybody with me any tips for practising or getting back into it. I was playing my dad who also hasnt played for years, but lets just say he wooped my ass.. By like 45 points.

My biggest probleme is the angles.. i hit it where i think it should be and POW goes complete wrong angle. Now i know this will get better bith a straight cue and lots of practise. But what else can i do..

Sorry for the long post and thanks for reading and i look foward to some positive replys.

Gav

Firstly id say dont worry too much if you havent played in so long. Secondly go to the coaching section and view through the endless number of pages where youll find scores of topics on practice routines etc..

And on our homepage on the left hand side click on the snookergym where you will find great advice from Nic Barrow. Sign up for it youll get emails helping you stage by stage.

Most importantly enjoy your snooker
    Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
    Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

Brilliant, thanks. O dont worrie even though i played crap i still really enjoyed it !

Gav

Comment

as roy said...

and i will add another bit to it... dont dwell on it, you are going to be rustier than a nail left in alex higgins water jug, hit the balls make sure you are not putting unwanted side on the shots as this will send the balls off at the angles you were suggesting

if the cue isnt too badly warped then it wont really be a problem, you show me a cue that is 100% dead straight from tip to butt and i will be amazed as there is little imperfections in every cue its just finding the ones that match with your game (my old cue was around 1.5 cm of warp on it and could still knock in a reasonable break with it!!!

Comment

Cool cheers Andy. Hoping to get some practis in this weekend!
          Gav

Comment

Working...
          X