which is better ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which is better ?

After many years of not playing i have recently started taking interest again. over the years i have owned/played with many of trevor whites cues and although they were all nice cues. and he is a good friend, i have decided to get something else. after much reading up and advice i am undecided about getting a jp ultamate or a h+o black plate. please could someone tell me which is the better cue and your reasons ? thanks,chris.

hello there

there have been many hundreds of threads and even more postings of which cue maker is best. on here trevor white is highly regarded as one of the best cue makers. some believe that the quality of parris cues has declined in recent time.

not my oppinion but a brief summary of thoughts on here

good luck in choosing

thanks

adrian
    Always looking to improve.

Comment

I dont think you can say who makes the best cue , its very subjective and down to personal choice . Many will swear by certain makers but that makes it their favourite , but not necessarily the best .

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
        I dont think you can say who makes the best cue , its very subjective and down to personal choice . Many will swear by certain makers but that makes it their favourite , but not necessarily the best .
        I agree a cue is as individual as the guy/or girl using it...Quite often the grass is always greener when you try a different cue out.

Comment

It's very much about you own preference, both are great cues and been use by great players. If you have a chance, I would suggest you to try out both and you will know which one suit you the most.
          All the best..

Cheers

Comment

Now I like the jp ultamate , but I also like a h+o black plate

There's only one way to find out...

(sorry thats probably no help what so ever)
            2009 Shanghai Masters Predict the Qualifiers Champion

2008 Grand Prix Final Prediction Champion

http://ryan147.com

Comment

thanks for taking the time to reply but i didnt ask about who is the best cue maker. i asked which out of the 2 cues mentioned is better. cheers.chris.

Comment

Originally Posted by crucible77 View Post
                Now I like the jp ultamate , but I also like a h+o black plate

There's only one way to find out...

(sorry thats probably no help what so ever)
                it helped me.

Originally Posted by chris321chris View Post
                thanks for taking the time to reply but i didnt ask about who is the best cue maker. i asked which out of the 2 cues mentioned is better. cheers.chris.
                if you've had or played with a few trevor white cues, surely you'd understand that your question cannot be answered specifically?

all cues are different. there are sure to be some great ultimates/black plates out there. as well as some you personally may not consider so great.

both make good cues. flip a coin.
                The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Every cue has their own character/personality. Mike is right, you should try out a few cue make by top cue makers then you will understand.
                  One mens food is another mens poison..

Cheers..

Comment

I have seen and Used Quite a few H&0 And JP Cues and Gotta Say I preferd the John Parris but thats just my Opinion maybe yours is Different.

I gotta admit if you can try a Few Cues out before you Buy is the way to Go, As I have Changed my Cue a few Times and then Buy another which I cant get on with at all and taken me 12mths or so to get Right Cue for me.

I am also on the Look out for a New Cue but would like to Try a Few before I buy as I dont want to end up with a load of cues that I cannot get on with.

Hope this Helps Chris.

Gaz.

Comment

Spoke to H&O today and they're not taking orders for blackplate cues at the moment, said they're absolutely crammed with orders. Quoted me 450 for a plain ash/ebony greenplate though with a long wait so decided against it. I don't think they want the business at the moment anyway lol

Comment

Working...
                      X