Help with shots!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with shots!

Hi all, havent been on in a while as Internet has been broke , while ive been practising over the past two weeks or so, ive been fluctuating between shots on whether to look at the cue ball once i hit my shots, and looking at the object ball.

I was just wondering, which is the most efficient and accurate method when taking a shot? I seem to play abit better when looking at the cue ball at point of contact, but this may be just luck, or hitting easier shots etc.

If you could give me some tips and advice i will be very thankful guys :snooker:

Most of the shot for me is done while standing up.

Find the Line of the shot when you are up, imagine the shot you need, get down and play it. (Try and keep it simple) Everyone has a different way of feathering. This is part of your pre-shot routine and I feel whatever you do (feathering/or not) it should be consistent because it is your action and it should be/feel natural to you. Once down I usually flick between the two points then pause slightly at the back as I move my eyes to focus on the place I am sending the white, accelerating through that ball as I deliver the cue in a straight line.

Some take longer to focus some are more instinctive. Some like J White only pause at the front. There are no set guide lines to some of this pre shot routine and what feels natural to one player, another may not like.
    I for example look at the white last only on long shots or ones where the white is under the cush because it helps me more on these particular shots.
    Hope this helps:snooker:

Comment

Working...
    X