Value of practice on small table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Value of practice on small table

At the moment, I go to a snooker club about once a week and get a couple of hours of practice on a full size table. However, at home I only have a 6x3 table. I try to run drills and build breaks etc but its so much easier to make pots and get alot of purchase on the ball when playing with spin (as you would imagine). Is there much value (or at all) to practicing snooker on such a small table.

On a side note, I've been looking at buying a 10x5 table for my house. This is the biggest I can fit. Would this be good enough to get suitable practice at home in preparation for a full size table?

Originally Posted by kluga View Post
    At the moment, I go to a snooker club about once a week and get a couple of hours of practice on a full size table. However, at home I only have a 6x3 table. I try to run drills and build breaks etc but its so much easier to make pots and get alot of purchase on the ball when playing with spin (as you would imagine). Is there much value (or at all) to practicing snooker on such a small table.

On a side note, I've been looking at buying a 10x5 table for my house. This is the biggest I can fit. Would this be good enough to get suitable practice at home in preparation for a full size table?
    Hmm in my opinion I would say that practising on a smaller table is not the same as a full size 6x12. However on the other hand practising on a smaller table could be good practise on your cueing and shots. Some may say its good and others may diagree
    "Where's the white going?"

Comment

depending on what level of improvement you are looking for.

Comment

well, i practice at a 6X4 table, dont how much of a difference it makes tho...

Comment

i practice on a 6x3 in my garage, it helps with short range shots. but i do always find it hard when i return to the club at the weekend.
          wooooooooo snookerrr

Comment

Isn´t a 10x5 ft "almost" like a full sized table? Except for the long balls.
            http://snooker147blog.com

Comment

Originally Posted by quintahunter View Post
              Isn´t a 10x5 ft "almost" like a full sized table? Except for the long balls.
              dunno what you mean by the" long balls " but 10X5 would be pretty similar

Comment

Originally Posted by samad View Post
                dunno what you mean by the" long balls " but 10X5 would be pretty similar
                When you have to travel almost the whole table.
                http://snooker147blog.com

Comment

IMO it depends on the balls. I see no benefit practicing with the small lighter balls on a 6x3. 10x5 would in the other hand require "proper" balls therefore would have some use. Can't beat playing proper snooker tho.

Comment

Yea on the 6x3 I practice with 2 inch balls which isn't too bad. Recently joined my club so I'm getting a few hours a week on a full size table

Comment

Working...
                    X