Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most occured frame scoreline

Hello,

I'm from Belgium and i'm new here but already i have a difficult question. I was wondering if you could help me find out what the most occured frame scoreline has been in the world champs since the beginning in the 20's till now.So i.e. 20-58 or 7-61...I ask this because it is a quiz-question in a local sports-café here in my town in Belgium.I'd really apreciate it if you could look this up please, cause we are having some arguements about it.

Thank you very much! Cheers

Michaël, Belgium

Logically, it would be a first-round match as there are more of them.

Looking through some of the World Championships on Wikipedia, 10-6 and 10-8 are scorelines that occurs a lot. So I would choose one of them!

Comment

Hey, thanks but what i ment (sorry if i explained it wrong, i try my best in english) was the actual score in the frame itself, so like i wrote i.e. 20-58 or 68-0

Greetz

Michaël

Comment

Originally Posted by Mic_V View Post
        Hey, thanks but what i ment (sorry if i explained it wrong, i try my best in english) was the actual score in the frame itself, so like i wrote i.e. 20-58 or 68-0

Greetz

Michaël
        ha ha! Oh well, I think that might be impossible to find out I'm afraid.

sorry!

Comment

Hey

yeah, not easy to find, but the quizmaster somehow found the answer so...

Greetz

Comment

You would need access to every score-sheet for every single match in the history of the World Championships (from 1927-). And then you would have to go through every single frame ever played, logging each score in a table to try to tally them up... Even if you had access to all that material (and I don't know where you would get it from) that would take weeks to do!

Are you sure the quizmaster hasn't given you a trick question?

Comment

Hey, no, it's really a very serious but difficult quiz with expensive prizes hold every year, and after the quiz in the cafe you get 20 questions to look up at home and hand in a week later, but these questions are al specially made so they can't be easily looked up on the internet or so...maybe the quizmaster has connections with the bbc or worldsnooker...or just asked them by mail, wich i now have also done by now

But i also did wath you said, i found some full results on snooker.org of the world champs from 94 till 2000 from the final, semi-finals and 1/4 finals and this night i went over them en i think i'm getting somewhere, the answer should be somewhere in between 0-68 and 0-92, i put them in a tabel and those score's appear the most. If i don't find the correct answer i think i'll go for 0-82

Greetz

Comment

I would guess it would be the most occured century beeak or frame winning breaks that have won the frame without the opponent scoring .

Comment

There is a thread in the Stats section on unique scores. I'll have a look now....

Here we go.. http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ead.php?t=6762
                  Last edited by dantuck_7; 3 May 2010, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Great stats I couldnt find them. Doesnt help, though!
                    2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
                    2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

Originally Posted by missneworleans View Post
                      Great stats I couldnt find them. Doesnt help, though!
                      It gives 80-0 as the commonest scoreline between 1977 and 2006, so it gives you a reasonable guess.

Comment

damn, u were bang on it missneworleans, the correct answer is indeed 80-0! But i handed over my answer yesterday and went for 82

Comment

LOl i didnt read the text ...
                          2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
                          2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

Originally Posted by AndrewB View Post
                            It gives 80-0 as the commonest scoreline between 1977 and 2006, so it gives you a reasonable guess.

There is still another 50 years worth of scorelines to fill in (less war years)...! 80-0 had a decent lead, so that sounds most likely.

Comment

Working...
                            X