Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue ball control on home folding tables

Hello.
    Just got myself a 6ft folding leg table for having a knock-about at home. I'm really struggling to get any back spin action on the cue ball (lucky to get more than an inch or two) where i don't usually struggle on proper club tables (4 to 5 feet no probs). Follow-on is OK though!?!? Why might this be??
    Ta for help offered.

Whera about are you from mucka . regarding your problem if your using the same technique then it may be that the tip is covering a larger area on the cue ball so may be hitting just below center .

Comment

Abertillery originally. Living over the bridge now.
      Trying to hit lower and follow through more but end up digging into the ball. I think its more me than the table cos there're youngsters on You Tube making fantastic shots on these types of tables!

Comment

Are they using smaller tips though for the smaller balls?
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Old cue collector --
        Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
        (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Um... i think so. My table has 1 7/8" balls so not as small as some.

Comment

Those smaller balls tend to be too heavy for their size, which makes screwing back difficult.

Comment

I used to be able to stun, stop dead and screw back no problems on a 6' table, although I couldn't tell you what size the balls were.

However, where it really fell apart for me was screwing back off long shots. Just could not do it.
              Pink or Brown?

Comment

Working...
              X