• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• touching

i dont know if this question posted before
    sorry if it is posted before

my questions are

1)my opponent push the cue ball touching red, it is a touching ball, can i still pot the available red in front(lets say the behind of the cue ball is touching red ball, and the front one is available red)? or i can only push the cue ball away to make safety shoot?

2)is it any minimum distance to push the cue ball away from touching ball?

3) if i potted a red, i push the cue ball touching a color, it will be a automatically foul for my opponent?

thank you for your answering and sorry if you found my questions are stupid...
    sorry for my bad english.....

my questions are

1)my opponent push the cue ball touching red, it is a touching ball, can i still pot the available red in front(lets say the behind of the cue ball is touching red ball, and the front one is available red)? or i can only push the cue ball away to make safety shoot? - as long as you are playing away from the touching ball you can still pot a red legally
    2)is it any minimum distance to push the cue ball away from touching ball? - no, any distance at all is ok
    3) if i potted a red, i push the cue ball touching a color, it will be a automatically foul for my opponent? - why ? - if you pot a red, you are then on a colour, and if you finish touching a colour as long as you play away from that colour, it is ok, you can even pot another colour if you want as long as you dont disturb the colour your touching
    Hope thats clear for you

Comment

Hi...

1) Yes, you can play any red except the one it is touching. It is the same with colours. If it is touching a colour after playing a red...you do not have to play that colour.

2) No.

3) Yes. In any touching ball situation, if that ball moves, it is a foul shot of the value of the ball that it was touching or the ball you were playing, whichever is higher.
      Last edited by tcollick; 25 June 2010, 09:37 AM.
      http://frameball.com:snooker:

Comment

tq very much for quick response....
        ^^

Comment

Originally Posted by ccfook2123 View Post
          3) if i potted a red, i push the cue ball touching a color, it will be a automatically foul for my opponent?

thank you for your answering and sorry if you found my questions are stupid...
          sorry for my bad english.....
          I think the answer to this one is NO.

Let me check if I've understood you correctly:

You pot a red. You then go for a colour and land touching a colour, your opponent to play next, on a red.

In this case, as long as your opponent plays away from the touching colour without moving it, he hits a red first and that is fine, no foul.

Comment

thank you for all the answers....

Comment

Working...
            X