Don't Rule Me Out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Rule Me Out!

if im playing someone and im behind and i play on but there isnt enough points on the table for me to win. if im then on the last ball can i play for a shot which leaves my white on the jaw cusion. there for bringing in rule 4. End of Frame, Game or Match
    (a) When only the Black is left, the first score or foul ends the frame excepting only if the following conditions both apply:
    (i) the scores are then equal, and
    (ii) aggregate scores are not relevant.

(b) When both conditions in (a) above apply
    (i) the Black is spotted,
    (ii) the players draw lots for choice of playing
    (iii) the next player plays from in-hand, and
    (iv) the next score or foul ends the frame.
    (c) When aggregate scores determine the winner of a game or match, and the aggregate scores are equal at the end of the last frame, the players in that frame shall follow the procedure for a re-spotted Black set out in (b) above.

Not in the way you want!

If you are 14 points behind and then pot the pink, then you are 8 down and then that effectively ends the frame. if you were to play on, then the rule you quoted comes into force, so the two outcomes are:

a) you pot the black, which means you lose by one point
    b) your opponent fouls and gives you 7 points, so you lose by one point.

If your opponent was to foul with just the black left, doesn't mean he loses the frame. The winner would be whoever has the most points after the penalty points have been added for the foul.

Comment

if your more than 7 points behind with only the black left you have lost simple.

Comment

Cheers! It was worth a try

Comment

You'd be surprised how many people think that the final Black must be potted to end the frame, irrespective of how many times you foul with just the black left!!
          You are only the best on the day you win.

Comment

Working...
          X