Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talisman Pro Hard tip

Hi.

I have just recently fitted a Talisman Pro Hard tip to my cue. This is the first time I have used a Talisman. I am just back from the snooker hall after trying it for the first time. I have though found that the tip is as I should have expected extremly hard! I have used a nail file on the tip as usual to shape it after sticking it on. But it doesnt seem to be helping with making the chalk stick to the tip. The tip still seems to be very smooth and it takes a lot of chalk to get a good coating. Should I be rough the tip up with a bit of sandpaper to help it grab the chalk? Or is this a characteristic of this paticular tip?

Thanks

Keith

Hi Keith,

There are quite a few threads on here about laminated tips and holding chalk, especially talisman! Here's my experience........

I started off with a Talisman medium, which i found too hard for me, moved to a Talisman Soft, and its a great tip, but it does require chalking pretty much every shot. I do 'rough it up' every now and again with a tip pik or quite an abrasive grade glass paper(also called wet and dry) not sandpaper as the grit comes off into the tip and can cause damage to the tip and the cue ball.

As i understand it, it is just the nature of the laminated tips, not to take the chalk as much as pressed tips, that said though, when the tip has bedded in, you should find that it holds the chalk better.

I think the Hard would be too hard for me, though, as the soft i use is still pretty hard compared to pressed tips, but i definitely prefer the laminated tips now.

Gamma

Comment

Hi Keith

I really think you should have tried the Talisman soft first, as the hard is VERY hard and even the soft is hard (if you get what I mean).

The Talisman soft is a great tip but as said above you do need to gently rough it up every now and then, and you do need to chalk every shot.

Having got used to the Talisman soft, I wouldn't go back to pressed tips. You get so much more "feel".
      Oh, and that's a bad miss.

Comment

I also like the Talisman soft . Talisman and most layered tips dont retain the chalk like pressed ones . At first you worry about mis cueing as you cant cover the whole tip in chalk , but then soon get to realise thats the tips characteristics .

Comment

I've got three hard 9mm in the post after winning an ebay bid, I should probably have read this thread first!

I'll give one a try though and see how I get on with it.
          One day I'll make a century, I've knocked in a 51!

Comment

Working...
          X