No announcement yet.

To old to improve?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are some inspirational comments in this thread, me being late thirties as well.

Cheers

Comment

I think I hit that brick wall. But I'm going to keep going I WON'T BE BEATEN

Comment

I wish I was only late 30's. Just turned 46 boys and to be honest playing almost as well as I ever have.....hope for us all then!

Comment

well done jonny, your a couple of years older than me, I wish i could say the same about my game

Comment

I think you can always improve. There will be aspects of the game that Steve Davis is better at today than in his 20s (although obviously scoring isn't one of them!).

With the game being thrown open, under Barry Hearn, it is possible now to have realistic aspirations of turning professional even if you're in your 30s, 40s, or 50s. This is something that would have been [almost] impossible previously, but win 5 matches at the Q School and you're there.

Comment

What drives me on is the memory of how good I was, I used to give 50 starts in our local handicap I couldn't even give 10 now. I was looking at my old trophies the other day; my mum has them displayed proudly around her sitting room. I keep saying to myself that I done it once I can do it again.
              My eyes are great and I’m fit and active and have as much drive and passion as a 20 year old as long as I have this I have hope, as far as becoming a pro is concerned I think I've missed the boat on that one

Comment

Last week you had no energy to play...

This week you got the get up and go of a 20 year old eh..LOL..:snooker:

Comment

Thats another thing thing all together, the saying the minds willing but the body ain't springs to mind. I can say without doubt that if I had an office job or no job at all that my game would improve.
                  have no money tho

Comment

Even the older ones of you are still young.
                    I am 65 and have taken up the game again (billiards) and although it has taken four years to get back to somewhere near where I was I am still learning and improving.
                    I practice nearly every day and if I did not think I could improve I would stop.
                    Keep working on your technique and knowledge.

Roy Bacon

Comment

One of the guys I paractice with is 70 and he plays a mean game of snooker

Comment

I'm 52, layed of snooker and play pool for 20 years. Back to snooker last 2 years and I play better now than I ever did. Yes you can improve at any age but I practice most everyday. The main reason older players deteriorate is lack of practice. Good luck and have fun.

Comment

Working...
                        X