Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New cue question

I need help!

I am a club player who plays once a week, my best break is 107 some years ago. I still enjoy playing but now strugggle to breaks around 60 ish

However i have just broken the cue i have had for the last 30 years, so i am trying to work my way through the maze of cues available.

I know very little about which make of cue is best as i have had only one cue all my life (Powerglide Midas) so my question is this, i have upto £150 and keep hearing names like Cue craft, Peradon, Craftsman, Can someone please help me decide which is the best make for my budget.

Also are there cues all made in England, or are there £150 range imported and then the company name added

Sorry to go on but i do not know what to do!

Mastercraft are made in uk good quality nice people to deal with made to your own specs at a reasonable price

Comment

Hi Paul i have a few nice cues for sale .

one piece mastercraft one piece ash

57 "
      16.5 oz
      9.5 mm
      29.5 mm butt comes with 6 " mini butt

£110 delivered

One piece U T

57 "
      17.5 oz
      9.6 mm
      29.5 mm butt

£125 delivered

One piece Aurora

57 "
      9.5 mm
      17.5 oz
      29.5 mm butt

£230 delivered

All very nice cues the Aurora is a bit special though .

Pics of all cues are in my photo albums .

Comment

Paul Really sorry to hear you have broken your cue. Have you considered getting it repaired? Might be a better option than trying to find and adjust to a new cue? I changed cue after playing with the same one for 30 years and it wasn't an easy task. I'm still searching for the perfect cue!
        I bought a Mastercraft. Good value for the money. I also bought a cue from Craftsman Cues. Bit dearer than £150 but very nice cue. Prefer it to Mastercraft. Greenbeize are brilliant value for the money according to some Forum members.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Where are they?

Comment

Hi Paul,
            The Best Value Cue for Under £150 by Far is a MASTERCUE.

These Cues are very very Good and if you Give me the Measurements for your Cue I may have one here to Suit you for Under £150.

Please send me the Measurements you Would Like ....

TIP SIZE

WEIGHT

LENGTH

TYPE OF SHAFT: ASH/MAPLE

Cheers Gareth.
            Last edited by gazza147; 19 December 2010, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Also are you after 1pc or 3/4.

I have 2 Available.........1pc Loverly Ash Mastercue or 3/4 Ash Mastercue.

Comment

Originally Posted by paultaylor View Post
                Thanks for the reply, Where are they?
                Greenbeize are Cleveland in the North East. Craftsman are Kippax near Leeds and Mastercraft are Shropshire. Just Google them for exact details. They've all got good websites with examples of their cues.

Comment

For £150, I'd give a go to a Mastercue, a Crafstman or a CueCraft....even if the latter is more UK pool orientated.

Being a Craftsman adept, I would recommend them any day. Very good quality for money and the service is top notch!
                  Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Garath

Thanks for the reply, but i thought i had read somewhere that they are made in Taiwan
                    or does this not matter?

Are your cues new or used?

Paul

Comment

Sorry to sound dim but how do i see them, i am new to this?

Comment

Master Cue are from Thailand. They made good quality cues and market all over the world.. :snooker:

Comment

Craftsman at Kippax,near Leeds.Their own brand is made in their own workshop ( English made as per your query).The range starts at approx £145 ( the 147 model) and you can,if you pay extra,customise your cue exactly as you want it.If you visit the shop there is a snooker and pool table for a " try before you buy " option and Dave and Simon are both very knowledgeable and more to the point customer oriented.Plenty of info on this forum.

Comment

Originally Posted by paultaylor View Post
                            Sorry to sound dim but how do i see them, i am new to this?
                            Click on his name in the post ' HOTPOT ' and then click on 'view public profile ' . On the right hand side of the page is the 'album' section .
                            Click on this to see his cues .

He does sell some very good cues .

Hope this helps Paul .
                            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Get down to craftsman they will look after you and you can try the cues
                              before you buy. Recommend them above all others

Comment

Working...
                              X